GIBNEY DANCE COMPANY
The mission of Gibney is to tap into the vast potential of movement, creativity and performance to effect social change and personal transformation. Gibney’s vision is to deploy resources and bring together disparate communities to ignite a cultural renaissance that has ripple effects far beyond the studio and stage. Gibney values:
• Respect – we are inclusive, courteous, and thoughtful
• Advocacy – we are supportive, principled, and catalytic
• Responsibility – we are collaborative, professional, responsive, and empowering
• Action – we are resourceful, proactive, and entrepreneurial
These values are intrinsic to Gibney and guide how we work together and interact with our core audiences.
The Development Manager (DM) works to advance Gibney, specifically Gibney Dance Company, reporting jointly to the Senior Director of Development & Revenue Strategies (SDOD) and the Company Administrative Director (CAD).
The Development Manager is a critically important role, providing strategic, logistic, and administrative support around the fundraising function of Gibney Dance Company, enabling effective work with Gibney Dance Company’s internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate is proactive, focused, flexible, and always exercises discretion, maturity, and excellent judgment. In addition, the successful candidate is knowledgeable about development best practices, articulate about all aspects Gibney, and eager to play an active role in the success of the organization, with a dedicated focus on Gibney Dance Company.
• Work collaboratively with the Development Team to implement the organization’s annual contributed revenue strategy for Gibney Dance Company.
• Prepare and implement direct mail and digital communications for Gibney Dance Company cultivation, invitation, appeal, and stewardship purposes.
• Attend weekly development meetings to monitor and advance identified next steps for Gibney Dance Company artistic and administrative leadership.
• Attend weekly meetings of the Company Administrative Team.
• Liaise with the Marketing Team to uphold accurate Gibney Dance Company donor and funder recognition.
• Coordinate and contribute to Gibney Dance Company marketing campaigns, as needed.
• Maintain a high level of organization in development files, archives, and database.
• Provide the Gibney Dance Company administrative team support, as needed.
• Perform office management and other administrative duties, as needed.
INDIVIDUAL & INSTITUTIONAL GIVING
• Work with the SDOD and CAD to grow the individual donor base for Gibney Dance Company through organized donor and prospect management, cultivation, and stewardship.
• Draft and prepare Gibney Dance Company-related grant proposals and reports.
• Conduct research on donor and funder prospects to regularly identify new funding opportunities for Gibney Dance Company.
• Manage Gibney Dance Company funder and donor meetings including scheduling, logistics, hospitality, and meeting briefs.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
• Work with SDOD and CAD to maximize Board engagement around Gibney Dance Company initiatives.
• Serve as the staff administrator of the Gibney Dance Company Council.
• Schedule, attend, and record minutes at Board Committee Meetings, as needed.
DATABASE & REPORTING
• Serve as Gibney Dance Company’s key point person of the CRM database, PatronManager.
• Integrate the database into daily work processes by regularly updating tasks, next steps, information, and research.
• Generate queries, reports, exports and any other data as needed.
• Support the accurate processing of contributions and acknowledgement letters.
• Interface with Development and Finance teams to fulfill information requests and maintain reporting accuracy.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree in a related field a plus.
• A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in fundraising, nonprofit, and/or with a dance company or arts organization.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prior grant writing experience that includes the generation of original grant narratives.
• Passion for the performing arts and social justice fields, and belief in Gibney’s mission and Gibney Dance Company’s model.
• Additional experience in marketing highly preferred.
• Professional and ethical work behavior with ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proven organizational, multi-tasking, and project management skills.
• Ability to work independently within a fast-paced, team environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Database experience (Salesforce/PatronManager) experience highly preferred.
• Availability to work occasional nights and weekends.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Gibney provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, the status of being transgender, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To be considered for the position, please email a cover letter including salary requirement and résumé to email@example.com.
The general salary range for this position is $40k-$50k; however, exceptionally qualified candidates will be considered at levels commensurate with their experience.
All expressions of interest and conversations will be held in the strictest confidence; references will not be contacted without the candidate’s permission. Incomplete submissions will not be considered nor will submissions sent via postal mail or fax. No calls please.
Prospective applicants are encouraged to review Gibney’s website at www.gibneydance.org and Gibney Dance Company’s webpage at www.gibneydance.org/company before submitting materials for consideration. Gibney will not consider submissions from applicants that do not have the required experience. Gibney will not consider submissions through employment agencies or online services.