Giordano Dance Chicago – America’s Original Jazz Dance Company
Giordano Dance Chicago (GDC) creates and presents new and innovative jazz dance choreography, often redefining and expanding the very definition of jazz dance, and brings this invaluable American art form to audiences and students of all ages and from all ethnic backgrounds. Now in its 57th year, Giordano Dance Chicago is dedicated, also, to the preservation and promotion of the Giordano Technique. Whether on the stage or in the classroom, we strive to enrich lives through dance.
The organization is in an extended and transformative period of growth and opportunity with an expansion of its Board of Directors, its Associate Board, its operating budget, and most recently, a multi-million dollar gift providing the foundation for the organization’s first-ever capital initiative, the envision:campaign.
GDC is poised to expand its multi-faceted, six-decade influence to drive economic and strategic leadership within Chicago’s near north side neighborhoods as well as in the local, national, and international dance communities.
LOCATION 1754 North Clark Street
Chicago, Illinois 60614
SALARY $42,000 to $46,000 in a high-paced work environment, with paid vacation and flexible hours
WEB SITE www.giordanodance.org
Reporting to the Executive Director, with dotted line responsibility to the Artistic Director, the Manager, Marketing & Design plays a critical and singular role in the ongoing growth and well-being of Giordano Dance Chicago. With responsibilities that span every aspect of project-based, event and institutional marketing, the Manager, Marketing & Design nurtures and advances the organization’s brand creatively, strategically, and effectively.
The ideal candidate must be highly creative, adaptable, detail-oriented, able to work autonomously in a small office environment or collaboratively in small teams, and demonstrate superlative writing, communication and project management skills. The candidate must demonstrate the ability to balance the competing demands of marketing, design, and customer service. Further, excellent design software skills (such as Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop), web site development and management, digital media expertise, and experience in managing multiple vendors are essential.
• Design, produce, and manage all branding and promotional imagery for home season campaigns (printed posters and flyers, print and digital advertisement, web updates, performance programs, promotional videos, eblasts, and/or other promotional tools).
• Design, produce, and manage all promotional and informational aspects of national and international touring, booking conferences, and ad hoc Chicagoland performances (presenter packets, programs, descriptions, photographic images, and video images).
• Design, produce and manage all promotional, informational and educational materials in support of annual workshops, satellite workshops, auditions, and the Nan Giordano Certification Program®.
• Design, produce, and manage all aspects of promotion for Dancing With The Giordano Stars, focused on the event as well as the personal promotion efforts of each contestant.
• Design, produce, and manage all collateral materials for the envision:campaign.
• Provide exceptional service for internal customers including, but not limited to, donors, patrons, performing arts venues, Board members, and Dancing With The Giordano Stars contestants.
• Manage and update company website.
• Provide written copy for all promotional activities.
• Development of multi-year, multi-faceted promotional plan and calendar that integrates print, eblast, web, Facebook, and Instagram messaging and content for all Company activities.
• Develop longitudinal reporting of all marketing metrics including social media analytics, audience surveys, etc. that serve to determine program ROI and future decision-making.
• Update and manage Promotional Library, the organization’s archival repository of promotional assets such as photos, videos, and reviews.
• Serve as main liaison with Marketing and Public Relations firm for development and management of press materials (releases, packets, interview needs, program descriptions, etc.), advertisement and promotional plans and budgets, social media plan, and other related activities.
• Manage mail house, print vendor, and distribution vendors for complete and timely dissemination of hard copy materials.
• Work with a cross-functional internal team and lead integration of Social Media activities such as Facebook, Google, Instagram, and the company web site.
• Work with the Development Team to create fundraising support materials, invitations and solicitation letters.
• Bachelor’s Degree (required).
• Three plus years marketing and design experience (required), preferably in the performing arts.
• Excellent design software skills, such as Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop (required).
• Extensive experience with web site development, digital media, and managing multiple vendors (required).
• Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work cooperatively and/or independently.
• Maintain flexibility and timeliness in the face of changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Intermediate-level Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel, Word, and Adobe.
• Proven ability to analyze data and identify recurring patterns.
• Familiarity with not-for-profit budgeting a plus.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume via email to Michael McStraw, Executive Director at email@example.com, and include “Marketing Position” in the subject line. No phone calls.
Giordano Dance Chicago offers a welcoming, dynamic, and highly spirited environment and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Giordano Dance Chicago
Giordano Dance Chicago (GDC), now in its 57th Anniversary Season, is America’s original jazz dance company, founded in 1963 by legendary dance pioneer Gus Giordano. GDC creates and presents new and innovative jazz dance choreography, often redefining and expanding the very definition of jazz dance, and brings this invaluable American art form to audiences and students of all ages and from all ethnic backgrounds. GDC is dedicated, also, to the preservation and promotion of the Giordano Technique. Whether on the stage or in the classroom, we strive to enrich lives through dance, and it is this solid mission statement and organizational vision which informs all of the organization’s activities.
The value that Giordano Dance Chicago brings to its local, national, and international communities is the universal and life-affirming experience of witnessing dance that is powerful, passionate, elegant, and celebratory.