Website Goodspeed Musicals
Goodspeed mounts both new and newly revived musicals each year!
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Reports To: Director of Finance
FLSA Classification: Full Time Exempt
Wage/Compensation Range: $65,000 – $75,000, insurance, paid time off, and paid holidays provided
General Statement of Job Function: The Accounting Manager position is an integral part of the day to day financial and accounting activities, including the preparation and maintenance of accurate accounting records, assisting with financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation and analysis, and in conjunction with the Director of Finance, helping with the development, implementation and monitoring of internal controls and policies/procedures to mitigate risk and drive efficiencies. The ideal candidate is collaborative, detail and service-oriented and will work to support the needs of the organization.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain general ledger, including account analysis, subsidiary schedules with proper documentation, and preparation of monthly and year-end journal entries.
• Assures timely closure of monthly and year-end accounts.
• Serve as the back-up for A/P process to ensure timely payment of all leases, contracts, and invoices.
• Serve as the back-up for weekly Payroll processing
• Oversee and assist with grant and contract billing and receiving processes.
• Oversee day-to-day banking, deposit entry and cash management activities. Process and/or review wires/ACHs for banks as necessary.
• Assist with annual internal audit and 990 preparations.
• Identify opportunities to enhance AP and AR processes, automation, and efficiency.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field preferred.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting preferably in the non-profit field.
• Thorough knowledge of general accounting including application of general accounting theory
• Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to work and interact with others
• Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as experience with accounting software, is a must.
• Self-managed and ability to work independently while managing multiple projects and deadlines
• Respect for Goodspeed’s mission and drive, including the understanding that the focus of our work is to support the artistic and creative process—and people—at the heart of making musical theatre.
• Exhibit interpersonal savvy, which includes relating comfortably to a variety of personalities; cultivating and maintaining positive relationships; employing discretion, diplomacy, and tact; seeking the positive in all situations.
• Comfortably and effectively cope with change and ambiguity, which includes effectively transitioning between tasks and timelines; identifying priorities and making good decisions with a minimum of information; staying relaxed and proactive when things are uncertain; confidently managing risk and uncertainty.
• A commitment to an equitable work environment, which includes use of gender inclusive language; support for individual gender expression, racial equity and inter-generational collaboration; accessibility for people with disabilities; and cultural sensitivity.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to email@example.com with the subject line “Accounting Manager.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org