Reports to: Executive Director
Full-time, Contract-to-permanent hire position
The successful Marketing & Sales Coordinator will implement creative marketing and advertising campaigns online and in print and collaborate with all departments on content. They will be adept at assembling and analyzing program and support data, preparing marketing and advertising strategies, and writing engaging, creative copy. There is a robust customer-service component to this position, emphasizing HCP’s on-site photography school, which offers over 200 courses and workshops annually. Strong candidates will display an impressive organizational ability, an eagerness to collaborate, a creative engagement with the medium of photography, and be goal-oriented and self-motivated.
Goals of Marketing & Sales:
Increase awareness of HCP as an innovative leader in the photography world, a promoter of local and national artists, and a regional hub where the art of photography is advanced through exhibitions, publications, education, and fellowships for artists
Increase and sustain our growing community’s knowledge of and participation in HCP’s membership programs, educational opportunities, and on-site programs through the sale of memberships and on-site classes
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Maintain an organization-wide marketing calendar and create marketing timelines to promote HCP’s events, exhibitions, and programming.
– Maintain, record, analyze, and report data on KPIs for HCP’s advertisements, e-newsletters, social media accounts, spot magazine, and website. Implement actionable steps to improve performance.
– Produce photographic and video content in collaboration with the Exhibition team or by hiring photographers or videographers.
– Promote HCP’s announcements, calls for entry, classes and workshops, events, exhibitions and programming, spot magazine, and other topics (hereby referred to as “HCP’s content”) via HCP’s website, e-newsletters, social media platforms, press releases/media relations, and other methods.
– E-newsletter: Use HCP’s subscriber base of ~10,000 to promote content through e-newsletter campaign development, copywriting, and image selection.
– Social Media: Maintain and use HCP’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other accounts to promote HCP’s content and engage with other organizations and conversations about photography.
– Stay current with social media changes and trends.
– Broaden HCP’s audience and promote it as a platform for artists through strategic engagement with artists, nonprofits, and other entities.
– Advertising: Manage Marketing & Advertising budget, and research digital and print advertisers. Increase Learning Center registrations and attendance to with HCP’s develop ongoing advertisement campaigns to increase
– Media Relations & Press Releases: Distribute press releases to HCP’s press contacts and promote HCP’s content. Expand HCP’s press list to include new publications and blogs targeting diverse audiences.
– Target regional, national, and international publications to introduce HCP, solicit reviews of exhibitions, and highlight HCP’s presence within the photography world.
– Develop unique PR opportunities, pitch HCP’s content, special interest stories, and interviews about or with HCP staff to regional, national, and international programs and publications.
– Website Maintenance: With Director of Operations, create, update, and maintain cohesive website copy and webpage layouts.
With Director of Education, increase the Learning Center’s class registrations and sales, respond to Education inquiries, provide professional customer service to students, and assist students with class registration.
– Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing or related discipline preferred
– High level of experience with social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
– Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience writing, editing, and creating content for social media and digital space
– Well-organized with excellent time management skills
– Ability to multitask and handle multiple priorities
– Ability to set and achieve goals
– Adobe design experience and knowledge or practice of photography a plus
Wages and Schedule:
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume with references as a single PDF. Multiple documents will not be opened. Subject Line: Marketing & Sales Coordinator Application. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Houston Center for Photography
Houston Center for Photography’s mission is to increase society's understanding and appreciation of photography and its evolving role in contemporary culture. HCP encourages artists, builds audiences, stimulates dialogue, and promotes inquiry about photography and related media through education, exhibitions, publications, fellowship programs, and community collaborations. HCP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving as a resource to its members and the community with programs that have regional and national impact.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Houston Center for Photography is committed to enhancing our community and encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who would increase the diversity of HCP.