Job Title: Part-time Front of House Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Patron Services
Hours: Non-typical schedule, with high amount of evening/weekend work
This position is responsible for all front of house aspects of the guest experience for Houston Symphony events.
Essential Job Functions:
● Coordinate and manage front of house logistics at every Houston Symphony performance at Jones Hall and other venues where the Symphony performs or presents, including lobby set-up and take-down
● Uphold the Symphony’s standards for an exceptional patron experience at every Houston Symphony performance.
● Develop, recommend and compile a manual of processes and procedures for front-of-house management
● Ensure safety protocols related to the COVID19 pandemic are being followed at all times by all staff, contractors, and patrons
● Prior to all events, prepare and distribute Concert Information Sheets to all front of house personnel. This includes overseeing duty rosters for Development, Marketing, and Artistic/Operations staff, as well as outside contractors.
● Coordinate and engage the services of Five Star ushering company for Houston Symphony events.
● Coordinate and engage the services of HPD for Houston Symphony events.
● Coordinate and engage the services of an EMT for Houston Symphony events.
● Liaise with Houston First event manager for all Jones Hall events.
● Ensure that all professional and volunteer ushering staff are trained in each venue’s emergency procedures and exit patterns.
● In the event of an emergency or evacuation, coordinate all front of house personnel to ensure the safety of all patrons.
● Perform additional duties as required by the Houston Symphony Society.
● At concerts, resolve Symphony guest issues in a friendly and professional manner, in coordination with Symphony staff, Houston First representative, ushers or box office.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred/relevant experience required.
● Availability for evening and weekend work is essential.
● A professional demeanor with excellent customer service focus
● Experience in diplomatically dealing with a wide variety of people in a multitude of situations
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Strong initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Knowledge of “Tessitura” ticketing system a plus.
● Knowledge of and interest in orchestral music a plus.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required
The Houston Symphony is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other protected class.
About Houston Symphony
Mission of the Houston Symphony:
The mission of the Houston Symphony is to inspire and engage a large and diverse audience in Greater Houston and beyond through exceptional orchestral and non-orchestral performances, educational programs and community activities.