The Coordinator, Social Media and Public Relations is responsible for managing Jazz at Lincoln Center’s (JALC) social media channels while assisting the Public Relations team with administrative needs. The Coordinator will serve as a digital strategist, content creator, writer and editor of JALC social content in service of its mission to engage a wide audience in watching, listening, purchasing, supporting, and learning about JALC initiatives and jazz in general.
– Working with a cross-functional team of content creators and producers, design and implement tactical plans, ensuring that all social media messages, measurements and content are relevant to both the target audience and brand objectives.
– Schedule and edit Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts, as well as other outlets as they emerge or are deemed relevant, defining content needs and managing the scheduling, posting and analysis of content and calls to action across all such platforms.
– Launch and manage Tik-Tok account in collaboration with the Public Relations team.
– Monitor, respond to or assign and track comments, replies and messages about JALC, its programs and events on social media while keeping internal staff up-to-date such on activity.
– Analyze and track different approaches to audience engagement on social media, look for new trends and report on qualitative and quantitative data findings.
– Monitor trends in social media channels, tools, and metrics and appropriately apply that knowledge to increase the effectiveness of social media.
– Accountable for social media content creation and for managing publishing schedules.
– Manage online community across all JALC brand channels.
– Contribute to an editorial calendar and coordinate with Public Relations, content creators, audio and video producers, Marketing, as well as Brand and Audience Development departments.
Monitor and source news, trivia and information to engage JALC’s online audience as a complement to content created within JALC.
– Test, optimize, and scale audience conversions and build, optimize and manage advertising campaigns on social platforms, as directed by Audience Development lead.
Support Public Relations team with administrative needs including:
– Monitoring daily media coverage.
– Developing and refining media lists.
– Preparing and scheduling press releases in Wordfly.
– Conducting market research and preparing background materials for executive briefs.
– Assist with content development for the JALC blog.
– Drafting media materials including press releases, bios, FAQs, etc.
– Additionally, the Social Media & Public Relations Coordinator will support production output and marketing efforts of JALC albums, merchandise, online donations and other products as directed.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Fluency with social media, mobile, and digital technology.
Experience executing demonstrably successful social media marketing and digital programs.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Extensive understanding, knowledge, and passion for jazz (its key figures, history, current trends, etc.).
Superb organizational and analytical skills.
Proven understanding of emerging platforms, online communities and industry trends.
Strong editorial copywriting experience.
Experience with social dashboards and online content management systems.
Familiarity with digital analytics and media tracking tools.
Experience managing digital production.
Ability to succeed in a fast-paced NYC arts environment interacting with many internal and external partners.
Genuine enjoyment of extensive social interactions and online communities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com