The Director of Marketing and Communications is a member of the senior management team, reporting to the Executive Director. The Director develops and implements all marketing and communications strategies, with the goal of increasing ticket sales and attendance for all KCRep shows and events and delivering a positive brand experience that earns support for the KCRep mission. The Director works in conjunction with other members of the KCRep team to plan the theatre season and develop program offerings.
• Direct the day-to-day operations of the marketing staff in service of the overall institutional needs of KCRep, including development and education activities, to help create a dynamic public image for the organization.
• Develop and implement all marketing and communications activities, including media relations, publications and advertising to support KCRep‘s strategic mission and long-range plan to increase awareness, ticket sales and attendance at KCRep events and concerts.
• Administer a strategically driven subscription, group, and single ticket sales program to meet institutional needs for earned revenue and attendance, using direct mail, social media, email marketing, digital, print, radio and TV advertising, e-commerce, PR, special events/receptions, and promotions.
• Oversee brand development and assure consistent implementation is all areas with input of KCRep constituencies, management team and orchestra leadership.
• Oversee KCRep’s digital advancement program including website and e-commerce, advertising, social media, and permission marketing.
• Prepare and maintain operating budgets for marketing and communications activities, and develop revenue and expense budgets. Work with the Director of Finance on budget assumptions, documentation, and analysis. Prepare financial forecasts and reports.
• Create and implement patron loyalty and retention initiatives.
• Oversee the timely development and production of all marketing and promotional materials for subscription renewal and acquisition campaigns, individual concerts, tours, educational and community activities and other KCRep events.
• Cultivate relationships with members of the news media locally, nationally and internationally; and developing and execute media and PR plans.
• Supervise negotiation and maintain contact with outside vendors for direct mail, design and printing services; advertising, etc., to ensure competitive pricing and the quality of their work.
• Represent the KCRep to constituencies such as the Kansas City Convention and Visitor’s Bureau. Collaborate with other cultural and community organizations in arts advocacy support.
• Develop a robust research program on marketing trends and best practices.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Kansas City Repertory Theatre
Kansas City Repertory Theatre, one of the most respected theatres in America, is known as “the heart of a great theatre town.” In residence at the University of Missouri, Kansas City, the theatre has a five-decade long tradition of producing works which are compelling, passionate and imaginative. Their mission statement reflects their ongoing commitment to this tradition:
Kansas City Repertory Theatre pursues theatrical excellence and advances the art form, creating and sharing stories at the center of the nation’s creative crossroads. KCRep cultivates passionate audiences, artists, and advocates who are invested in our region’s future. We build community by connecting people through productions and programming that educate, entertain, challenge and inspire.