REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: Operations Assistant (hourly, part-time)
STATUS: Full-time; non-exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring that the scheduling and production of all orchestral events (rehearsals, performances, tours, runouts, and special events) run smoothly, effectively, and in a financially responsible manner.
- Plan, administer, and supervise the setup and execution of all main-stage, runout, education, development, and special-event concert production. These activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Venue and equipment rental
- Determining staging requirements
- Equipment loading and transportation
- Hiring and coordination of lighting, sound, catering, transportation services, and other vendors
- Hiring and coordination of labor—union and non-union
- All inter-departmental collaboration necessary to assist with programming and technical development of concerts for the education and development departments, plus others as needed
- Oversee recording of concerts for archive and rebroadcast purposes, and maintain archival recordings
- Coordination of production activities with opera, ballet, and other collaborative partners of the KSO.
- Production Management and/or Stage Management for all performances.
- Work with Executive Director, Music Director, KSO Staff, performance venues, opera, ballet, and other collaborative groups to create, maintain, and disseminate the orchestra’s master schedule for each season within parameters of the Master Agreement.
- Edit and issue contracts for the following:
- Guest artists
- Vendors and labor
- Arrange guest itinerary, lodging, travel, and hospitality.
- Maintain KSO repertoire history records.
- Interpret, implement, and uphold the terms of the Master Agreement and other collective bargaining agreements; research background and precedent where discrepancies in interpretation occur.
- Create and manage annual Operations Department expense budget covering all aspects of KSO concert productions. Work closely with Executive Director and Finance Director to ensure budgets match the overall needs of the KSO.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Orchestra library experience or musical training is preferred.
- Technical theater training and experience in preferred.
- There is a regular physical component to this job. Applicants must be able to lift 50 pounds regularly as well as stand, walk, carry and reach, operate a motor vehicle and work both indoors and outdoors.
TO APPLY: send resume and cover letter to KSO Executive Director Rachel Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com