The Director of Development cultivates, solicits and stewards a portfolio of assigned prospects to secure financial support of The College of Visual and Performing Arts and act as staff liaison to the Arts Society. Coordinate activities and efforts of Art Society Board to secure support for the Arts at Kutztown and promote partnerships with the greater community to support ongoing CVPA initiatives. This position will also play a critical role as the KU Foundation embarks on a major comprehensive fundraising campaign in FY19. We encourage applicants to learn more about the Kutztown University Foundation and Kutztown University by visiting: www.kuf.org
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages a donor portfolio with a focus on donor engagement, acquisition of annual donors, and discovery of new leadership prospects. Uses a variety of communication strategies appropriate for each prospect, including visits, mail, email, phone and written proposal.
• Maintain and execute a plan for visiting managed prospects both on and off campus. Conduct an average of 15 to 18 visits monthly.
• Manages the fundraising cycle with an emphasis on quality moves appropriate for the management of each donor relationship.
• Document every personal visit, telephone conversation or other encounter of note in a visit report to maintain a history.
• Follow up with donors in a timely and strategic manner. Document activity with donors in timely manner
• Attend all Arts Society Meetings, assist in recruiting members for both the Board and membership in the Arts Society
• Assist with Fundraising initiative of the Art Society Board and support donor events
• Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of relevant advancement experience. Campaign experience a plus.
• A Background or knowledge of the Arts, experience working in the visual or performing arts.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals in a challenging environment.
• Thorough knowledge of standard desktop software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
• Ability to learn to use Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT.
• Ability to relate comfortably to alumni, parents and volunteers, as well as to faculty/staff members, administrators, students and other staff.
• Demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and manage several projects simultaneously.
• An understanding of Kutztown University and the Kutztown University Foundation missions.
• Occasional night and weekend work required.
Position will remain open until filled; however preference will be given to applications received by Monday, December 31st.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Kutztown University Foundation
PO Box 151
Kutztown, PA 19530
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org