Position Title: Development Associate
Reports to: Associate Director of Marketing
The Las Vegas Philharmonic brings ten orchestral concerts, three chamber music concerts, and community and education programs to the community of Las Vegas. Fundraising is the primary means of support that keeps the artistic and educational programming of high artistic vibrancy and meaningful community impact. Contributed Revenue makes up 60% of the annual 2.5M budget, and the Development Associate is a key position in the fundraising plan for the Philharmonic, helping to run fundraising events, staff stewardship events, maintain donor relations, and provide donors access to the music and musicians they care so deeply about. The Development Associate works regularly with the Executive Director and Development Committee to ensure broad-based fundraising goals of $200,000 are met, to serve as the primary point of contact for the annual gala, raising more than $400,000, and to assist in the stewardship, acknowledgement and facilitation of day-to-day development operations.
Scope & Responsibilities
• Ensure accurate gift processing and procedures from database management, donation processing, and reporting and working with finance and other departments to reconcile records
• Reports regularly as to the progress of fundraising across different areas, working with team members to make adjustments when necessary and to share successes widely
• Manages donor acknowledgement process, ensuring timely, personal, and meaningful tax acknowledgements, phone calls and handwritten notes when appropriate
• Owns and drives annual fundraising events from calendar creation to the final guest leaving and all the coordination and steps in between, working with a committee to make sure timelines and fundraising goals are met, making sure attendees leave feeling great about the event and institution, and that follow up keeps those relationships strong with the organization as a whole.
• Creates and maintains master development calendar, working with the marketing team on timing of mailings, keeping patrons central to all decision-making
• Manages all mailing lists, donor segmentation and targeted asks with a keen eye to analytics, industry standards, best practices and new ideas to bring in funds
• Serves as primary point of contact for Development Committee, managing schedules, agendas, meeting notes, and action items to keep Volunteers on track and working efficiently and effectively to meet the goals of the institution
• Primary point of contact for the LVP Guild – helping keep Guild events in sync with LVP events, on all calendars, and coordinating staff and musician participation in Guild events. Attends Guild meetings and serves to make sure the Guild has everything they need, and feel appreciated for all they do for the Philharmonic
• Attends concerts and stewardship event and staffs as needed always working to maintain relationships with patrons
• Manage grants calendars and outside grant writers to ensure robust application and reporting for foundation and corporate foundation, assisting with research for prospecting and connecting. Write applications and reports as necessary.
• Front office support in various areas, including greeting and managing office flow, supporting with ticketing needs and other questions as needed
• Love of music and/or arts highly recommended
• Commitment to advancing art and music in our community
• Highly analytical thinker, with ability to identify problem areas and recommend action
• Willingness to problem-solve, to face challenges, and to dream
• Persistence, resourcefulness and follow-through
• Ability to anticipate and support the needs of high-level leaders from Executive to Board
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills, multiple languages welcome
• Self-sufficiency with time management and deadlines, inviting participation and collaboration when appropriate
• Detail oriented, with analytical eye for data integrity, maintenance and interpretation
• Ready to learn, work hard, and make a difference in the culture of Las Vegas
• Resilient and optimistic in the face of obstacles and adversity
• Arts experience welcome and familiarity with Las Vegas community desired
Salary range $30,000-37,000 commensurate with experience.
This job is 40 hours/week with some evening and weekend work required. Ability to get around town is important.
To apply: Show me your storytelling ability with a compelling cover letter sharing why you are a great fit to this organization and how you will move the organization’s fundraising forward through your work. Include a 1-2 page resume max. Submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Development Associate
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com