Website Lyric Stage Company of Boston
Your theatrical home.
The Lyric Stage Company of Boston, the city’s oldest resident theater company, seeks a Marketing and Development Associate. The successful candidate will be working with the Director of Marketing and the Director of Development. They will also manage a team of two work study students.
In accordance with the Lyric Stage’s Anti-Racism and Inclusion Plan, the Marketing and Development Associate will also develop relationships in multiple neighborhoods and will work collaboratively with other members of the Lyric Stage staff to unify marketing efforts with existing programs including City Stage, KidStage, the Walking Plays, and Lyric First Page.
This is a full-time job, although alternative work arrangements (including working remotely 1-2 days a week) will be considered for the appropriate candidates. Lyric Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive work environment.
– Building community engagement in the City of Boston. Increasing our reach across the city and creating key partnerships within communities across the city.
– Creating content for and designing regular marketing and fundraising emails, blogs, tweets, Facebook postings, and other social media posts for various segments of the Lyric Stage audience. Must have a strong eye for design and graphic arts skills.
– Filming and editing promotional videos for dissemination on the Lyric Stage website and through its social media channels with the assistance of the work study team.
– Maintain and enhance the Lyric Stage website with regular updates in content and design. Work to improve accessibility, functionality, and adherence to the latest technological and design standards.
– Working in collaboration with the Director of Marketing on developing the Lyric Stage digital media strategy, including analytics, identifying key metrics, measuring those metrics against the broader goals of the Lyric Stage, and identifying in-depth analysis of market reach.
– Analyzing single ticket buyer data to segment audience cohorts and developing, in collaboration with the Director of Marketing, unique strategies to reach these markets.
– Working in collaboration with the Director of Development in creating strategic digital fundraising campaigns for the year-end appeal and spring subscription renewal drive.
– Being a key team member supporting marketing and development plans for the 50th anniversary season in 2024/25.
– Managing a team of two work study students who will be focusing on video production, research, blog writing, and outreach.
– Serving as primary liaison for technology-based vendors under contract, including IT, web design and hosting companies such as Emma, Site Ground, and Comcast.
Required skills include:
– Strong background/knowledge in digital graphic design and content marketing.
– Proficiency with Emma, or a similar email marketing platform.
– Proficiency with Google Analytics, Facebook Publishing Tools, Google Ads, and Wordpress.
– Knowledge of photography, videography, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro or other non linear film editing software desired.
– Comfortable managing and leading a team of work study students.
– Time management, strong organizational skills, team player, ability to take initiative.
– The successful candidate will embrace the Lyric Stage’s Anti-Racism and Inclusion plan.
Salary and benefits:
In addition to a starting salary of $40,000, Lyric Stage offers two weeks paid vacation, pays 60% of the employee’s individual health care plan, and participates in an employee retirement plan, with up to 3% of contributions matched.
How to apply: Interested candidates can send a letter of interest, resume, or any alternate set of materials that demonstrates abilities and experience by June 30, 2023.
Director of Marketing
Lyric Stage Company of Boston
140 Clarendon Street
Boston, MA 02116
Please no phone calls or emails. We will be in touch.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org