Website Maryland Hall for the Creative Arts
Dedicated to Art for All, Maryland Hall is the region’s cultural core, convening and engaging people in arts experiences that strengthen community. Maryland Hall was founded in 1979 by a group of artistic visionaries who believed the former Annapolis High School could best be utilized as a community arts center. Today, our historic landmark building is the community’s gathering place for the arts. Through year-round classes, performances, exhibits, tours, workshops and demonstrations, people of all ages discover the transformative power of the arts. Each day, Maryland Hall nurtures inspiration, cultivates originality and fosters the imaginations of the children, families, students and adults who come through our doors.
The position we’re filling:
Reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, the Accounting Coordinator will be responsible for the management of daily financial activities and administrative tasks. The Accounting Coordinator’s responsibilities include assisting with daily bookkeeping, human resource allocation, managing budgets, and liaising with internal departments, clients and vendors.
What you’ll be doing:
• Assisting with the management of daily accounting activities
• Review and execute all checks and deposits, review daily cash receipts and disbursements
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable
• Arranging and assisting with the onboarding of new employees
• Assisting with processing of bi-weekly payroll
• Preparing and maintaining documents and event reports, assisting with event settlements
• Other administrative duties as assigned
What you bring:
• B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
• Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
• Excellent communication and people management skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Quickbooks
• Ability to multitask and prioritize
• Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
• The ability to work cooperatively with different personalities and individuals of diverse
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Maryland Hall’s mission This is a full-time, exempt, position. Hours are typically Monday through Friday with some evenings and weekends.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com