To serve the community by celebrating the power of music
The Development Manager, Individual Giving, oversees Mercury’s annual fund campaigns, developing and implementing strategies to secure financial support from new and renewing individuals, delivering $600,000 annually through Board, Patron Society, Individual, and Gala support. The Development Manager takes pride and satisfaction in helping donors fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to the Mercury Chamber Orchestra.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• With Executive Director, plan annual goals and strategies to meet and exceed revenue from Board, Patron Society, Individuals, and Gala support.
• Initiate contact with current and prospective donors; develop proposals, solicitation letters, and appropriate follow-up to secure gifts ranging from $250 to $25,000+.
• Set-up meetings for current and prospective donors to engage with Artistic Director and Executive Director.
• Through meaningful cultivation, appropriately move individuals from acquisition, to retention, to increased giving.
• Maintain strong stewardship plans with donors to strengthen relationships and connections with Mercury.
• Support Gala and Special Events Chairs and help secure sponsorships and donations.
• Provide essential VIP support at all concerts, Gala, and other events.
• Work collaboratively with Administrative Team and Board Development Committee.
• Maintain reports to track and communicate progress.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Authentic people-person with an enthusiasm for building relationships.
• Motivated self-starter and creative problem-solver with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a high-level of emotional intelligence.
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
• Keen attention to detail, prioritization, and organization.
• Integrity, empathy, and adherence to high ethical standards.
• Strong desire to work with a team in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
• Interest and curiosity for classical music.
Qualifications & Skills
• 2-3 years of experience in fundraising.
• Superior writing skills.
• Proficiency and confidence in Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of Tessitura or other integrated fundraising/ticketing system preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Position will have a dedicated workspace in the Mercury office.
• Flexibility regarding remote-work is available – three days per week are required in office.
• Work is performed in a friendly, collaborative, and fast paced hybrid office environment.
• Attendance and participation at all concerts and events is expected for the purpose of building relationships with donors.
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full-time, exempt from overtime
Compensation & Benefits: Salary Range $40,000-45,000. Benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, and time off for vacation, personal time, and holidays (11).
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to email@example.com. No calls please.
Founded in 2000, Mercury Chamber Orchestra presents over 30 performances each season, reaching more than 20,000 audience members through our distinctive concert series, community events, school outreach, and concert streaming. Under the artistic leadership of Antoine Plante, Mercury serves the community by celebrating the power of music, teaching, sharing, and performing with passion, intimacy, and excellence. The organization has a team of seven full-time and two part-time employees along with four contractors working with finances, marketing, and concert production. The annual operating budget is $1.5 million. Mercury has emerged from the pandemic well positioned for growth, with strong finances, enhanced artistic vitality, a dedicated Board, and more than 200 new donors.
Mercury Chamber Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org