Website Music Academy of the West
The Next Generation of Great Classically Trained Musicians
Position Title: Innovation Associate
Department: Artistic Operations/Innovation Institute
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Status: Seasonal, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Employment Period: Monday, June 6 through Monday, August 8, 2022
The Innovation Associate plays a pivotal role in the Music Academy’s Innovation Institute during the annual Summer School and Festival. This position reports to the Vice President of Innovation and Program Development and also works closely with other members of Music Academy administration, as well as fellows, faculty, guest artists, and speakers.
The Innovation Institute’s range of summer offerings include:
• Innovation Seminars & Career Development Coaching
• Online and in-person sessions covering key areas such as entrepreneurial musicianship, future of the field, professional development, and technology
• Career-Advancing Competitions
• Entrepreneurial: Digital Challenge and Fast Pitch
• Musical Performance: Duo (instrumental chamber), Keston MAX (orchestral), Marilyn Horne Song, and Solo Piano
• Recording and streaming of select concerts and Music Academy activities
• Additional technology and distance learning initiatives
• Assist with planning and executing all Innovation Institute offerings (scheduling, set-up and clean-up, program evaluations, etc.)
• Facilitate key logistics for seminar speakers and related personnel
• Prepare pre- and post- event reports
• Assist with organizing, archiving, and producing digital assets, in tandem with Production staff
• Track AV loaner equipment for competitions
• Other duties as assigned
The Music Academy of the West seeks to hire candidates who thrive in a collaborative, highly communicative workplace. Our administration collectively informs and agrees upon the organization’s expectations for teamwork, including a positive, goal-oriented environment that positions every employee for success.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate some, if not all, of the following:
• A passion for the performing arts, especially classical and contemporary classical music, plus a deep interest in career education for musicians
• A background in performance and/or producing concerts
• Experience working with technology including audio/video equipment, Zoom and other online communication platforms
• Superb written and verbal communication skills
• Strong social and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Excellent critical thinking and conflict-resolution skills
• Ability to work on a team collaboratively with minimal supervision and adapt to changing work priorities and schedules
• All administration, faculty, and fellows on campus must provide proof of COVID vaccination
Compensation and Benefits
This is a seasonal, non-exempt, full-time position. Compensation is $18 per hour, commensurate with skills and experience. Seasonal employees are not eligible for Music Academy benefits. Housing and meals are included during the employment period.
Please email a letter of interest and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject header Innovation Associate. PDF format only. No phone calls, please.
The Music Academy of the West is an equal opportunity employer. A background screening will be performed as a condition of employment.
Music Academy of the West
Music Academy of the West is a performance-based training center and incubator that empowers musicians to positively impact society. The Academy welcomes everyone from across all generations, cultures, and backgrounds to experience the transformative power of music. Based in Santa Barbara, California, the Academy presents the preeminent full-scholarship Summer School and Festival for classically trained fellows ages 18 to 34. They study and perform with more than 50 exceptional faculty and teaching artists, while forging close connections with the community. The Academy’s commitment to long-term collaborations and exchanges with leading orchestras and opera companies results in unparalleled mentorship and career-advancing prospects. The Innovation Institute spearheads entrepreneurial training and ventures through seminars, residencies, and the Alumni Enterprise Awards, substantial grants given annually for a wide range of creative projects. Launched in 2018, Sing!, a free, after-school choral program for local elementary students inspires personal growth and expression. For more information, please visit musicacademy.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com