Website Music Academy of the West
The Next Generation of Great Classically Trained Musicians
Position Title: Summer Artistic Operations (multiple positions available)
Department: Artistic Operations
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Status: Seasonal, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Employment Period: Two 4-hour remote training sessions during the week of May 27, 2024
In person, Monday, June 3 through Monday, August 5, 2024
The Music Academy is recruiting for its 2024 Summer Music School & Festival in multiple departments. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in performing arts administration with seasonal full-time and part-time roles in artistic operations, residence life, front of house, marketing, and facilities. We encourage musicians and non-musicians alike. Come join our dynamic team where the sun shines brightly on possibility and potential to unleash the creators who will reimagine the future of classical music.
• Responsibilities vary according to specific position. Please see our website for individual detailed job descriptions for positions including:
o Innovation Associate
o Orchestra Personnel Manager
o Music Librarian
o Assistant Librarian
o Chamber Music Specialist
o Audio Technical Manager
o Artistic Program Coordinator (up to 2)
o Lehrer Vocal Institute Coordinator
o Artist Liaison
o Stage Crew (up to 3 positions)
The Music Academy values colleagues with diverse perspectives who thrive in a collaborative, highly communicative workplace. Our administration collectively informs and agrees upon the organization’s expectations for teamwork, including a positive, goal-oriented environment that positions every employee for success.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate some, if not all, of the following:
• Background in classical music performance, education, and/or administration
• Demonstrated knowledge of working with high-profile personnel in high-pressure scenarios
• Professional conduct, dress, and appearance at all times
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong critical thinking, strategic planning, and problem-solving skills
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work on a team and adapt to changing work priorities
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with ArtsVision a plus
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Previous summer festival experience a plus
• Some nights and weekends, including concert duty
• Frequent travel between Music Academy’s Miraflores campus and off-site venues
Compensation and Benefits
This is a seasonal, non-exempt, full-time position. Compensation is $18-20 per hour depending on position and commensurate with skills and experience. Seasonal employees are not eligible for Music Academy benefits unless required by law. Housing and meals are included during the summer residency for those not based in the Santa Barbara area. Lunch is provided on the Miraflores campus Monday-Friday for those not on the residential meal plan. Complimentary tickets are offered when available.
Visit our website for detailed descriptions of each position available. Please email a letter of interest and current resume to email@example.com. PDF format only. No phone calls, please. A background screening will be performed as a condition of employment.
The Music Academy is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a diverse and inclusive work environment and we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives.
About the Music Academy
Located in Santa Barbara, the Music Academy creates a space where exceptional talent can thrive by encouraging artists to stretch, experiment, improvise, and play. The Music Academy provides artists with the tools they need to become not just great musicians but great leaders. The Music Academy’s programs are: the annual eight-week Summer School & Festival which trains up to 140 fellows ages 18-34 and presents more than 120 performances and events, competitions, and a fully staged opera; Sing!, a children’s choir free of charge for all participants that performs with local, national, and international partners; the MAX (Music Academy Exchange) partnership with international orchestras; the Innovation Institute’s Alumni Enterprise Awards; and the Mariposa Series of concerts by Academy-affiliated artists.
For more information, please visit musicacademy.org.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org