Website Music Academy of the West
The Next Generation of Great Classically Trained Musicians
Title: Database Manager
Department: Finance & Advancement
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt
The Database Manager is a key member of both the Finance and Institutional Advancement Departments, with dual reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Advancement Officer. This position provides critical analysis of the Academy’s financials and drives data management on multiple financial, donor, and marketing platforms, including supervising data entry by both departments.
The Database Manager has oversight of the following areas:
• Determine and implement best practices, policies, and processes to uphold the integrity of Raisers Edge NXT, Financial Edge NXT, and Spektrix ticketing database
• Create mailing lists for fundraising appeals, marketing materials, Festival collateral, etc.
• Use ImportOmatic data integration tool to perform mass database updates including portfolio assignments, compeer/scholarship matches, new fellows, parents of fellows, alumni, applicants, deceased records, unsubscribes, etc.
• Consistently review the tables and structure of the database to ensure cleanliness of records
• Run NCOA updates, email/phone appends, and deceased record finder
• Maintain the link between Spektrix and RE NXT databases using ImportOmatic software
• Maintain records for constituency groups including Board, Auxiliary, Faculty, Fellow, Alumni, AEA winners, and Sing!
• Oversee gift processing and policies, including managing online donation forms, entering complex planned gifts
• Process, record, and reconcile contributions and pledges in conjunction with the Advancement Operations Coordinator
• Create high-level analytical dashboards and reports on campaign, fund, and appeal progress
• Set-up and maintain a system of moves management within the opportunity modules
• Provide leadership over prospect management including identifying major gift prospects, running screenings in WealthEngine, and assisting with research on potential donors
• Utilize RE NXT workflows to automate processes for portfolio managers
• Run month-end reports
• Oversee Advancement Operations Coordinator on all database-related activities
• Special projects as needed
3. Financial Analysis
• Create dashboards and analytical reports
• Support with annual budget, quarterly re-forecasting, and monthly reporting
• Assist with the annual audit, grant reporting, and other reporting requirements
• Attend committee meetings and assist with preparing materials and meeting minutes
Other duties may be assigned
The Music Academy of the West values diverse colleagues who thrive in a collaborative, highly communicative workplace. Our administration collectively informs and agrees upon the organization’s expectations for teamwork, including a positive, goal-oriented environment that positions every employee for success.
The ideal candidate will ideally demonstrate some, if not all:
• A passion for classical music and demonstrated commitment to non-profit arts organizations
• Excellent attention to detail with database management
• Advanced financial analysis and critical thinking skills
• Strong technical abilities including advanced Excel skills, general ledger, and CRM management particularly the Blackbaud suite of products (Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work on a team collaboratively with minimal supervision and adapt to changing work priorities and schedules
• Have at least three years of professional experience in a nonprofit financial role, with strong understanding of 501C3 and GAAP guidelines
• Degree in finance, business, or accounting preferred.
Benefits and Compensation:
This is a non-exempt, full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. The Music Academy provides a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees, which includes health and dental coverage, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave and a 403(b) plan.
Please email a letter of interest and current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the Subject Header MAW Database Manager. No phone calls, please. A background screening will be performed as a condition of employment.
The Music Academy of the West is an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create a diverse and inclusive work environment and we value each employee’s unique experiences and perspectives.
Music Academy of the West Overview:
Music Academy of the West is a performance-based training center and incubator that empowers musicians to positively impact society. The Academy welcomes everyone from across all generations, cultures, and backgrounds to experience the transformative power of music. Based in Santa Barbara, California, the Academy presents the preeminent full-scholarship Summer School and Festival for classically trained fellows ages 18 to 34. They study and perform with more than 50 exceptional faculty and teaching artists, while forging close connections with the community. The Academy’s commitment to long-term collaborations and exchanges with leading orchestras and opera companies results in unparalleled mentorship and career-advancing prospects. The Innovation Institute spearheads entrepreneurial training and ventures through seminars, residencies, and the Alumni Enterprise Awards, substantial grants given annually for a wide range of creative projects. Launched in 2018, Sing!, a free, after-school choral program for local elementary students inspires personal growth and expression. For more information, please visit musicacademy.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com