Website Music Theatre Wichita
Definitely Broadway, Uniquely Wichita
The Patron Services Manager is responsible for patron relationships, primarily selling single and
subscription tickets for Music Theatre Wichita performances, providing excellent customer service
and accurate information to all guests.
Department: Patron Services
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary Range $40,000-50,000 annually, dependent on experience. Benefits package
includes health insurance, vacation and sick leave, a 401k match, and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Leads Ticket Selling Processes
- Act as the primary and first contact of patrons whether it via phone, email, or in person.
- Sell subscription and single tickets
- Work through upgrade requests with patrons.
- Create and sustain a group sales program.
Data and Patron Communications
- Update the CRM with current detail and contact information; proactively devise ways to
confirm and gather necessary data about patrons.
- Manage the season ticket renewal process, including: leading strategy, collaborating on
messaging for various patron segments, and serving as project manager for all aspects of
renewal (including mailings, emails, robocalls, etc.).
- Work with marketing team to give input on design of patron communication materials,
including postcards, emails, robocalls, letters, etc.
Volunteer and Employee Management
- Recruit and manage volunteers, including ushers. Serve as primary house manager/
manager on duty at performances, identifying and training ushers who have the skillset to take
on leadership roles.
- Recruit, manage, and coach seasonal box office staff, including seasonal assistant box office
- Cross-train other full-time staff in ticket-selling processes for backup purposes.
- Assist with education program volunteer management needs as time allows.
- Physically set up/tear down box office computers, printers, etc.
- Knowledgeable in ADA best practices to best serve patrons with mobility or ADA challenges.
- Proactively maintain necessary supplies of ticket scanners and ticket stock; think through
and help develop language for necessary signage.
- Serve as primary box office manager for education events, special events, etc.
Other Organizational Duties
- Assist with volunteer management by communicating meeting notices and follow-up with the
Board of Directors.
- Collaborate with development staff on trade sponsor agreements.
- Manage process for donated ticket/gift certificate requests.
The job requires experience with patron services, preferably in an arts environment. Requirements
include strong interest in musical theatre and supervisory experience. Experience with Spektrix or
similar CRM is preferred; experience with project management software is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance
- Sees opportunity to deepen patron loyalty or attract new patrons and collaborates with others
to enact plans.
- Interest in data-driven decision making; motivated to learn how to best utilize CRM to meet
the organization’s needs and goals.
- Entrepreneurial and goal-driven: the successful candidate will be creative in helping to draw
new audiences to Music Theatre Wichita, engaging with patrons to move them beyond single
ticket buyers to organizational advocates and season ticket holders.
- Teaches/coaches an upsell, matching patrons’ interest to MTWichita’s offerings.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and/or an interest in learning advanced Excel processes.
- Superior listening and communication skills.
MTWichita believes a diverse and inclusive team is critical to our ongoing relevance and
growth, beginning with the selection process. Therefore, the team is working to ensure
diverse candidate pools and encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds to
apply. MTWichita is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran
status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
The application packet should include a letter of interest, a résumé, and three professional references’ names and contact information. (References will only be contacted for finalists, and the candidate will be notified in advance.) Please email application materials to Managing Director Angela Cassette at email@example.com. Tentative start date is January 3, 2022, but may be moved earlier upon mutual agreement.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org