Website Nashville Symphony Association
Title: Director of Marketing
Reports to: VP of Marketing & Communications
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Position Overview: The Director of Marketing has direct responsibility for creating and executing single ticket and subscription campaigns for all performances, to help the Nashville Symphony achieve or exceed goals for ticket revenue, paid attendance, audience development, and retention. The Director of Marketing champions a data-driven approach to marketing by measuring results and continuously improving. The Nashville Symphony’s marketing strategy is centered on understanding our patrons and building lifelong relationships with them, driving revenue to achieve long-term financial growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans and executes, in collaboration with the VP of Marketing & Communications, all season ticket and single ticket marketing – including direct mail, email, and digital media campaigns – from strategic and conceptual development through design, production, and distribution.
2. Launches concerts for public sale, works with artist management to develop concert marketing plans, manages all promotions, and oversees on-site marketing events.
3. Plans, budgets, and executes all advertising strategy and implementation, including digital, traditional, electronic, out-of-home, and relationship.
4. Collaborate with the Marketing Analyst and Coordinator to measure results of marketing efforts by patron segment—including website, paid social campaigns, direct mail, email and other channels—and make adjustments to future marketing tactics.
5. Works with the VP of Marketing & Communications and Director of Patron Services & Ticketing to develop revenue projections and ticket pricing strategies.
6. Works with the Marketing team to acquire, retain, and grow the customer base utilizing data analysis, targeting, and prospecting.
7. Works with the VP of Marketing & Communications to create and supervise the timeline of major strategic marketing events, including season announcements, series loyalty campaigns, and single ticket on-sales.
8. Works with other departments, including Development, Education & Community Engagement, and Venue Rentals, to promote and market their efforts.
9. Develops, in collaboration with key stakeholders, the corporate and brand identity of the organization.
10. Works with Artistic Administration department to vet and program concert bookings, advising on market viability, pricing, and launch strategy.
11. Develops and monitors departmental budgets in collaboration with the VP of Marketing & Communications and COO.
12. Embrace the mission, intention, and work of the organization in regards to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging and take an active role to create meaningful impact for the children and adults of our community.
The duties listed above are not all-inclusive. The person in this position is expected to perform other work-related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Supervises the Marketing Coordinator and Marketing Analyst. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org