Want to use your broad marcomm skillset to have maximum impact within an arts context? Desire a secure job within the arts sector? Want to be in the room as the singing arts respond to the challenges of COVID-19? How about a seat at the table when strategy is set rather than executing other’s plans? Join us at the National Association of Teachers of Singing (NATS). We are a non-profit international professional organization for teachers of singing based in Jacksonville, FL. With over 7,000 members, the executive office provides services to members of the profession through conferences, workshops, vocal competitions, a recognized scholarly journal, and through its network of region and chapter events. NATS has been a leader within the performing arts in responding to the COVID pandemic. As Marketing and Communications Manager you will be leading efforts to communicate our new strategic plan that charts a clear course for the near future and places emphasis on the importance of telling the NATS story to new audiences.
The successful candidate will be a highly-motivated individual who is organized, able to multi-task, and can efficiently manage many projects simultaneously. This team member will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, staff, and Board members, and will play a crucial role in cultivating and advancing the public voice of NATS. We are looking for a visionary marketing leader with a background in market analysis and segmentation, branding, positioning and content creation, social media and digital marketing, revenue generation, and media relations. This is an exempt position (salaried) and reports directly to the Executive Director. The successful applicant will administer the design and production of all NATS online and print media, manage and direct NATS’ web and social media presence, as well as recruit and retain advertisers in all areas (print, online marketing, and NATS events). This person will work in our national office in sunny Jacksonville, Florida.
More about your responsibilities:
• Develop and implement a strategy for increasing advertising revenue in all areas; aggressively recruit and retain advertisers in all areas (print, online marketing, and for NATS events). Execute marketing/advertising campaigns for the organization.
• Tell the story of NATS and the work of its members through well-crafted articles and social media posts that will engage target audiences.
• Manage strategy for all social media platforms for NATS, increasing the reach of NATS on these platforms.
• Work cooperatively to develop packages for sponsorship opportunities for national conference events, and recruit sponsors for each conference event.
• Develop and manage media calendar and manage media relations, including writing and distributing press releases.
• Manage development of weekly e-news (Intermezzo) issues with third party provider.
• Produce and distribute bi-annual Inter Nos (e-newsletter) and bi-annual SNATS e-Newsletter.
• Co-manage and promote applications and interface with NATS officers responsible for various competitions and programs.
• Promote donations to NATS through award funding, Giving Tuesday, and other campaigns.
• Administer the design and production of all NATS advertising for NATS publications: Journal of Singing, Inter Nos (e-newsletter), nats.org, and national conference programs, as well as external ad placement.
• Coordinate the design and production of NATS printed brochures, forms and signs.
• Develop, post, and maintain the Association’s website (www.nats.org) and content management system, as well as optimize the website’s value. A web refresh project is in the immediate future. Manage content and promote sales for Live Learning Center. Manage scheduling and distribute content for webinars including NATS Chat and SNATS Chat, blogs including Vocal Wellness and other media platforms
• Post online content and assist promotion of So You Want to Sing book series.
• Assist the Executive Director in periodic review and redesign of NATS membership materials, publications, and frequently used documents.
The successful candidate:
• Will be a creative and disciplined individual with the ability to provide creative solutions to promote the organization and meet the needs of the Association through the use of web and print advertising; have the ability to creatively and effectively design advertising and written messages for maximum impact.
• Will have experience with email deployment systems, social media, Google ads/analytics, SEO/SEM competency
• Will meet goals and objectives of the strategic plan associated with the functions of this position.
• Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team in a non-profit small office environment
• Must be exceptionally organized and possess excellent verbal, online, proof reading, phone and written communication skills with the ability to craft the appropriate message to influence and persuade various constituencies.
• Must be highly motivated, and have the ability to efficiently handle multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously.
• Will be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications; Adobe Acrobat Professional, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, as well as online website updating/design, managing digital content and various analytics platforms.
• Must be flexible in taking on additional assignments or projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
• BA or BS degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, business or related field.
• 2 – 4 years experience in marketing/communications and/or advertising/graphic design, or related experience preferred.
• Must have demonstrated success in communication skills; establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with staff, supervisors, other outside agencies, advertisers, and the public.
• Ability to build strong collaborative relationships within the organization and with outside vendors, advertisers, exhibitors, and potential sponsors.
• Graphic Design training, and preferred additional experience designing print ads, creating press releases, radio scripts, etc. Experience with social media essential.
• Experience in managing IT/Network in an office environment preferred
• Artistic background preferred
What we offer: salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. This is a full-time/40 hours per week position and requires residency in the Jacksonville area. Benefits include thirteen paid holidays, PTO, plus medical reimbursement, and 401K contributions.
Application: If you think you are the perfect fit for this position, please send the materials below in electronic format to Allen Henderson, at email@example.com.
• Cover letter that specifically addresses the qualifications above
• Samples from your portfolio
• Resume listing specific experience
• List of at least three references including email addresses and phone numbers.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org