The National Repertory Orchestra offers experiential learning on the ins and outs of an orchestra and a thriving career in the Arts! Spend a summer with our artistically minded team in Breckenridge, CO and build your on-the-ground, professional experience.
The Development Fellowship is ideal for someone who wants to jump-start their career as a development professional working with a nonprofit organization. A strong candidate is a person who enjoys connecting with local and global music communities, inspiring support for the future of classical music. Being part of a team to build lasting relationships with new and current donors is this position’s key responsibility. This person can expect to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the fellowship having gained a broad understanding of non-profit arts operations and Development.
Based out of the administrative offices, the Development Fellow will report to the Director of Development and work closely with the CEO, Director of Administration and Communications, Director of Marketing, Director of Operations, and other fellows and staff.
Why You Will Love the NRO:
The NRO is an inclusive organization dedicated to teamwork and a highly communicative atmosphere. This professional workplace encourages interaction, synergy, positive feedback, and goal-oriented individuals, all working together to enhance the future of classical music and the Arts.
Our vision is to break barriers between education, performance, and community to develop 21st-century musicians!
What You Will Do:
• Conduct audience and musician surveys to be compiled into an impact report
• Fulfillment tracking of donor benefits
• Assist with donor events
• Assist with musician communication with sponsors, donors, and host families
• Manage all comp-ticket requests and communicate with the ticket office daily
• Ensure that logos, banners and display tables are present at all NRO performances
• Enter data in donor software (Donor Perfect)
• Provide content for pre-concert sponsor-loop
• Assist with mailings throughout the summer
• Assist with grant and sponsorship proposals
• Attend rehearsals, outreach events, special events and concerts.
• Assist with a variety of roles at concerts and special events, including but not limited to set-up, clean-up, selling merchandise and working in the Ticket Office
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be organized, detail oriented and able to focus on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
• A positive, professional, timely, and efficient demeanor
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Able to interact with donors, volunteers, and staff in varied situations
• Must be able to supply own computer and be computer savvy
• Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
• Knowledge of classical music is a plus
• Above all, must be a team player
• FREE employee/fellowship housing in Breckenridge
• $75 weekly food stipend
• Partial travel stipend
Your Time in Breckenridge:
The fellowship will begin on Tuesday, June 6, 2023, with the last working day on Thursday, August 17, 2023.
Breckenridge Arrival: Monday, June 5, 2023 / Breckenridge Departure: Friday, August 18, 2023.
How to Apply:
Prepare a one-page resume along with a cover letter and a list of at least three references complete with their contact information and relationship to you. Send to email@example.com. Please type “Development Fellow” in the subject line.
Fellowships are open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.nromusic.org.