Website New Conservatory Theatre Center
SF's premiere queer & allied theatre company
NCTC seeks a superstar Director of Institutional Giving responsible for creating, implementing and evaluating a
comprehensive annual institutional fundraising program in support of NCTC’s programmatic
needs, and for meeting or exceeding annual fundraising goals. The Director reports to the Executive Director.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Create, implement and manage a comprehensive annual institutional fundraising plan to
meet contributed income goals;
• Plan, oversee and lead identification, cultivation, and solicitation strategies to raise funding from foundation, government and corporate underwriting,
• Grant writing and reporting
• With the Director of Individual Giving, serve as the liaison to the Development
Committee of the Board of Trustees
• Work closely with Executive Director to identify, cultivate and solicit new foundation,
corporate, and government donors; develop strategies and timelines for
approaching new prospects.
• Develop a comprehensive stewardship plan for all government, corporate and foundation
• Support the outreach, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts of the Artistic and
• Oversee the records and data management providing monthly reports on fundraising
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, research and editorial skills; ability
to synthesize information and compose clear and effective prose.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience managing and coordinating complex projects that have multiple tasks with
competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
• The ability to set priorities and schedules, to meet deadlines, and to follow through on
projects with minimal supervision
• A positive, can-do attitude and dedicated work ethic.
• Superior organizational skills; a work style that is thorough, accurate and detail-oriented;
• Sound judgment and superior ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
• Strong Fiscal and Budget Management/Development Skills
• Experience with MS Word, Excel, PatronManager, and social media preferred
Local candidate preferred; no relocation package available.
To apply please send resume, and cover letter telling us why this job sparks your enthusiasm to:
To apply for this job email your details to Barbara@nctcsf.org