Website New Orleans Opera
Title: Major Gifts Officer
Reports to: Director of Development
Classification: Flexible Full time, exempt
Salary Range: $60,000-$63,000 commensurate with experience, plus benefits (paid vacation, sick days, health insurance, SIMPLE IRA plan with company match)
The mission of the New Orleans Opera Association (NOOA) is to enrich the lives of all people by producing opera of the highest artistic quality and provide educational opportunities through traditional and innovative approaches. The Major Gifts Officer plays a critical role in the realization of the company’s goals and the overall growth of the New Orleans Opera.
New Orleans Opera Association is celebrating its 79th season in 2021-2022 and is proud to continue the legacy of producing opera in America’s First City of Opera, a tradition which began when Andre Getry’s Sylvain premiered in New Orleans on April 22, 1796. Each year, NOOA presents operatic productions that feature both classical and contemporary works. Beyond the stage, the key component of NOOA’s mission is its commitment to community and education programs in the Greater New Orleans area.
If you are passionate about the power of the arts to change lives, are a “people person” with superb interpersonal skills, and are confident in your ability to build support for the New Orleans Opera, we want to hear from you.
Core duties include:
- Developing and implementing effective fundraising strategies for approximately 100 accounts in an assigned leadership giving portfolio, including creating strategies for identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Matching each assigned donor’s capacity and interest with appropriate Opera programs and priorities for multi-year annual gifts, signature projects and planned giving / endowment needs.
- Working closely with department staff and key volunteers to qualify new prospects for annual, capital and endowment funding.
- Providing a high level of donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, either through remote connections or face-to-face interactions based upon the comfort of the donor.
- Partnering with staff, volunteer leadership and appropriate resources as needed to meet department objectives.
- Meeting ambitious portfolio revenue and planned giving goals.
This position is a good fit for someone who:
- Has proven success in managing portfolios of donors, as well as demonstrated achievement in providing superior service and producing excellent financial results from patrons
- Has a proven track record of identifying, cultivating and soliciting gifts from major donors
- Has superb interpersonal skills, is comfortable and confident in making direct contact with individual donors to discuss interest and commitment, and can achieve positive financial results.
- Exhibits a polished presence, positive attitude, diplomacy, discretion, and a deep respect and understanding of donor and trustee relations.
- Is goal oriented with an understanding of how to build consensus and with a sense of immediacy in achieving fundraising goals, as well as a great appreciation for teamwork.
- Has knowledge of performing arts and/or the operatic art form
The New Orleans Opera is willing to teach
- Specifics about the operatic art form
- NOOA policies and procedures
At New Orleans Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and we are an equal opportunity employer. NOOA will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We encourage candidates who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQ+, otherwise-abled, and other underrepresented identities to apply. All applications will receive consideration for employment.
Send cover letter and resume (Word or PDF format only) to email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org