Website Opera Theatre of Saint Louis
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis is accepting applications for its Administrative Intern Program for the 2023 Festival Season, featuring Treemonisha, Tosca, Così fan tutte, and Susannah.
Opera Theatre is known as a center for training young professionals in all aspects of opera, including arts administration. OTSL’s Administrative Internship Program offers direct, on-the-job experience for those interested in careers in arts administration and management. Past interns have gone on to enjoy careers at Opera Theatre, the Metropolitan Opera, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the St. Louis Art Museum, the American Repertory Theater, San Diego Symphony, and other arts organizations across the country.
Opera Theatre’s administrative internships offer hands-on experience collaborating to produce a world-class opera festival, as well as the opportunity to develop a wide variety of skills crucial in today’s arts and non-profit landscape. In addition to working on projects that are integral to the success of the Festival Season, interns are encouraged to learn from and about roles across the entire company, and are invited to attend additional lectures, recitals, rehearsals, and performances as their schedules permit. The program also includes educational sessions specifically for the interns, designed to further the professional growth of the program participants.
• If interested, applicants can and are encouraged to apply for more than one position!
• Applicants must be 18+ and authorized to work in the U.S. (some positions may have additional requirements as detailed)
• All internships are paid hourly at the rate of $15.00 an hour, and overtime at 1.5x for any hours over 40 per week.
• Dates and hours for each position vary, but most are from late April/early May – early July. Hours may include some nights and weekends (see individual position descriptions).
• Limited shared housing available
• A basic familiarity with opera and classical music is a great help, however it is not required!
• Note: While the majority of our interns are college students or recent college graduates, this is not required. Any qualified applicants will be considered!
INTERN POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
o Artistic Administration Intern
o Company Management Intern
o Development Intern
o Digital Marketing & Media Intern
o Education Intern
o Finance Intern
o Photography Intern
o Press & Communications Intern
o Production Intern
For more details on each position, and to apply, visit: experienceopera.org/internship
Applicants are asked to submit:
• Their contact information
• 2 references – names and contact information
• Resume (as a PDF)
• Brief personal statement, of no more than 250 words, that communicates why you are interested in the internship, and what unique skills and/or experience you will bring to the role.
• Some positions ask for additional work samples or writing samples
Application and Selection Timeline
Application Period: December 2022 – March 2023
Application Deadline: March 1, 2023
Interviews and Selection: mid-February – March 2023
At Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, we value equity, diversity, and mutual respect. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, people with disabilities, and others who have been historically excluded to apply. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our vibrant community. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
OTSL will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion or belief; national, social, or ethnic origin; age; sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression; physical, mental, or sensory disability; family or parental status; genetic information or characteristics; protected veteran status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. OTSL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (314) 963-4226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit opera-stl.org.