Dedicated to producing live opera and educating the community.
Job Title: Artistic & Production Assistant
Reports to: Director of Artistic Administration and Director of Production & Facilities
Classification: Seasonal (January 1 – April 15), exempt
Salary Range: $650-$750/Week with housing provided if needed.
Palm Beach Opera seeks an Artistic & Production Assistant for seasonal work from January 1, 2022 through April 15, 2022. Local accommodations can be provided as necessary. This position will work closely with the Manager of Artistic Administration to support the planning and implementation of all artistic and production activities. The ideal candidate will be highly-organized and detail-oriented with excellent communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assist with travel and housing for all artistic and production department personnel, including:
o Booking flights and arranging airport transportation.
o Determining travel reimbursements.
o Coordinating seasonal leases, applications, cleaning, and inspections.
o Coordinating any necessary condo repairs and maintenance.
o Coordinating hotel reservations and accounting.
o Coordinating rental car reservations and managing billing.
Assist with all artist hospitality initiatives, including:
o Preparing artist welcome bags.
o Procuring and distributing cast gifts.
o Planning artist receptions.
o Managing crew and production staff catering.
o Organizing comp tickets requests.
Ensure that scores and translations are available, copied, and uploaded/distributed for all music programming as necessary.
Serve as on-call liaison to artistic and production department personnel.
Assist Artistic and Production departments with:
o Payroll and expense reporting, including reconciling the monthly credit card statement.
o Logistical planning and staffing support for productions, events, and auditions.
o Management of artistic sponsorship benefits, including autograph materials.
· Assist with COVID-19 testing, supply management, and protocol compliance.
· Coordinate cleaning, maintenance, and ordering of supplies for the Production Center.
· Administer ArtsVision and enter and update production information. Maintain music library, company database, and production files. Prepare and maintain season and archival files and production records.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Must have the ability to work flexible hours, including extended hours, evenings, and weekends.
· A background in the opera industry or the performing arts is preferred.
· Ability to establish priorities and multitask, with strong organizational and creative problem solving skills, and meticulous attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with a wide range of personalities.
· Discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
· Knowledge of computerized information systems and their application, including Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office.
· Access to reliable transportation.
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. While this listing is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed or assigned.
Please forward your cover letter and résumé in pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address communications to James Barbato, Director of Artistic Administration.
Palm Beach Opera is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all facets of the organization, and is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex, age, familial status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, military service and veteran status, or genetic information.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Palm Beach Opera is dedicated to producing live opera at an international standard of excellence, to enriching the life of the communities it serves with a diverse offering of educational programs, and to training the next generation of opera stars. Founded in 1961, the fully professional Palm Beach Opera presents mainstage performances at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts in West Palm Beach. Following the success of this season’s internationally-recognized outdoor Festival season, Palm Beach Opera will celebrate its 60th Anniversary next season with productions of Carmen, L’elisir d’amore, and The Merry Widow.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com