Ravinia Festival is seeking a Production Coordinator whose main focus will be the classical music concerts presented during the 2020 summer season between June and mid-September. The position is part-time beginning mid-May and full-time June through mid-September. Employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement. There are no technical/on-stage aspects to this position.
Reports to Artistic Producer. Works closely with Artistic Producer, Production Manager, Associate Producer, and Operations Manager.
· Manage day-to-day backstage operations and oversee Production Assistants, day schedules, transportation, and dressing room hospitality.
· Liaise with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra personnel managers during their residency with Artistic Producer and Associate Producer.
· Share classical Concert Duty, including artists’ pre-concert and post-concert commitments, with Artistic Producer and Associate Producer, and serve as day-of-venue contact for artists.
· Hire, train and manage Production Assistants and Assistant Production Coordinators with Operations Manager.
· Create weekly Production Assistant and Assistant Production Coordinator work schedules with Operations Manager.
· Maintain master production schedule and production department inventory with Operations Manager.
· Coordinate classical artists’ transportation and hospitality needs.
· Coordinates with the gift shop to sell artist merchandise and facilitate CD signings with Associate Producer.
· Coordinate piano deliveries, moves and tunings.
· Assign dressing rooms for classical concerts and oversee classical artist hospitality.
· Oversee timely creation of classical artists’ arrival packets.
· Oversee classical artists’ backstage guest list.
· Handle petty cash and charge card statements and pay invoices as necessary.
· Participate in production meetings and communicate with artistic, production and technical staff, as well as artists, to ensure proper dissemination of information.
· Arrange for artist doctors as needed.
Ideal candidates will have:
· Familiarity with classical music
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Creative problem solving and strong organizational skills
· Superior interpersonal skills
· Great attention to detail
· The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Experience supervising staff
· Ability to work outside of normal business hours – this position involves extensive evening and weekend hours, seven days a week
· Familiarity with Excel
· Reliable transportation to and from the festival.
· Clean driving record
Wage commensurate with experience. Free attendance at all concerts. Some meals provided. Cell phone reimbursement.
Qualified applicants should apply through Ravinia’s website and are required to provide a cover letter, resume, and a current copy of their driving record. All hiring is conditional upon receiving an approved background check. Employees are required to sign a confidentiality agreement. Please no phone calls or emails.
About Ravinia Festival
Ravinia, North America's oldest music festival, stands today as its most musically diverse, presenting over 140 different events throughout the summer. These concerts run the gamut from Yo-Yo Ma to John Legend to the annual summer residency of the nation's finest orchestra, The Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
The 36-acre park is nestled in a gently wooded area that makes it an enchanting place to experience music. Guests can bring their own picnics or eat at one of the park restaurants.
As a nonprofit organization, community outreach and music education initiatives are our mission. Over 75,000 people are served through Ravinia's Reach*Teach*Play programs each year, ensuring that great music remains accessible to all.