The Manager, Women’s Board and Ravinia Associates Operations is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Ravinia Women’s Board [WB] and the Ravinia Associates [RA]. This role reports to the Associate Director, Women’s Board and Associates Board Operations [AD]. This role requires a self-starting individual that has impeccable attention to detail; experience in event management, board management, and fundraising; and is comfortable utilizing and learning various technology and software platforms. Primary duties include managing all administrative aspects of the 650-attendee Music Matters Benefit and the 700-attendee Gala Benefit and providing support on a variety of year-round fundraising programs, donor cultivation and stewardship activities, and special events to generate individual giving that meets the revenue goals of Ravinia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Working with the AD, serve as a staff liaison to the RA and WB. Support all tasks related to daily board operations, often working directly with board members. Act as an advocate for the RA and WB in the development department and organization-wide.
• Manage administrative aspects of the RA and WB daily operations/communications, member portal, social media, emails, e-newsletters, and membership renewals.
• Manage all gift intake and financial reporting for RA and WB, including acknowledgements and financial reports for key board members.
• Research, identify and implement the most up-to-date technology/software for the management of all board operations and communications.
• Effectively manage and utilize Ravinia CRM and ticketing software ongoing and as needed, including The Raiser’s Edge and other internal Ravinia-specific software.
• Work closely with the AD and board leadership to assess board operations/goals to help implement the most efficient and productive board engagement and fundraising procedures on a rolling basis.
• Provide support on all RA and WB programs; including quarterly meetings, executive committee meetings, prospective member open houses and audience development events, as well as social events/activities of the board.
• Supports the AD in planning the Music Matters Benefit, an annual fundraiser responsible for raising nearly $500K annually for Ravinia’s Reach Teach Play education programs. Duties include working with event planning committee, communicating with venue, contracting vendors, theme development, coordinating honoree presentation/speakers, compiling member guest lists, mailing invitations and tracking reservations, processing auction items, sponsorship fulfillment, managing on-site logistics, and any other tasks as delegated by the AD.
• Act as event logistics manager for Women’s Board Annual Gala, including coordinating committee communication, tracking reservations, assisting with weekly reservation reports, servicing all Gala guest requests and concerns, creating and sending out final invoices to individuals and corporations and maintaining communication with all event vendors.
• Hire, train, and supervise seasonal Board Operations interns.
• During specific high volume months, provide additional support to the Donor Concierge Service, which provides VIP assistance with dining reservations and ticketing to mid to upper level donors throughout the donor ticketing and concert season.
• Support Development/Donor Concierge Service by serving as a representative in the park during the busiest time of the summer concert season, prioritizing nights that may lead to interfacing with key board members.
• Special projects and duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Excellent customer/donor service skills are necessary
• Demonstrated ability to function at a high level under continuous deadline pressure
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledge of non-profit fundraising management, strategies, operations and procedures desired
• Works independently and is a self-starter
• Excellent listening skills
• Detail oriented
• Superior verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship skills
• Excellent judgment and professionalism in dealing with contributors and the public
• Excellent knowledge of Miocrosoft Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word, including knowledge of mail merge
• Prior experience with Raiser’s Edge a plus
Education and Experience:
• College degree required in related field
• Two to three years minimum experience functioning in an event planning capacity
• Three years minimum experience in non-profit organization, music/arts preferred
• Embrace and actively support Ravinia’s culture of integrity, professionalism, collaboration, mutual respect, and customer focus.
• Work effectively in a fast-paced and intense customer-focused environment that frequently requires employees at all levels to work evenings and weekends, especially during the summer Ravinia season.
• Required to work some evenings and weekends throughout the summer concert season and as needed during the remainder of the year to represent the Festival at functions and to prospect and cultivate donor relationships.
Ravinia is an equal opportunity employer.
Cover letter required. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Ravinia Festival
Ravinia, North America's oldest music festival, stands today as its most musically diverse, presenting over 140 different events throughout the summer. These concerts run the gamut from Yo-Yo Ma to John Legend to the annual summer residency of the nation's finest orchestra, The Chicago Symphony Orchestra.
The 36-acre park is nestled in a gently wooded area that makes it an enchanting place to experience music. Guests can bring their own picnics or eat at one of the park restaurants.
As a nonprofit organization, community outreach and music education initiatives are our mission. Over 75,000 people are served through Ravinia's Reach*Teach*Play programs each year, ensuring that great music remains accessible to all.