Under the direction and in coordination with the Director of Patron Development & Engagement, the Associate Director of Major Gifts will play a critical role in implementing a comprehensive plan to cultivate, solicit, and steward the Symphony’s Maestro Society, focused on donors with gifts of $1,000-$4,999.
Annual Fund goals are to broaden the current annual fund donor base, upgrade the average size of donation, and increase donor retention to meet the current fundraising goals in individual giving, and grow the annual fund in the coming years.
• In conjunction with the Director of Patron Development & Engagement, identify and manage a personal portfolio of not less than 100 donors.
• Analyze results from prospect solicitations in previous fiscal year to identify, qualify, and solicit top new prospects with an annual goal of upgrading 25.
• Articulate the value of supporting the goals and mission of the San Antonio Symphony, as well as priority programs like the annual fund, to both new and renewing donors.
• Work closely with the Development Team in executing stewardship efforts, engagement activities, and special fundraising initiatives.
• Develop, direct, and implement strategies to solicit portfolio donors through personal visits, email, direct mail and telephone contact.
• Monitor the monthly progress of gift and pledge results compared to financial goals.
• Support and actively engage in donor stewardship activities and events.
• Participate in concert lobby duty to maintain donor connections and promote fundraising activities.
• Capture notes of solicitor/donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship activities and interactions in fundraising database and moves management tools.
• Ensure confidential financial and gift records are provided to be maintained in electronic and physical files.
• Work with board, development committee, and volunteers to engage in fundraising activities and events.
As part of the Development Team the Associate Director of Major Gifts is expected to:
• Assume responsibility for special projects or other activities as directed by the Director of Patron Development & Engagement.
• Operate as a contributing member of the Development team by working closely and collaboratively with colleagues and other departments to provide seamless support to prospects and donors.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of the San Antonio Symphony; understand its base of financial support and the funding requirements of all segments of the organization and be able to clearly communicate its mission and needs.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to a thriving international artistic community. The San Antonio Symphony is committed to empowering the arts and artists to celebrate diversity, model inclusion, and advance equity at the highest professional level. This commitment is an investment in the San Antonio Symphony’s future and its growth.
In its goal to create and maintain a diverse community and organization, the San Antonio Symphony does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants should email a one page cover letter and one page resume to Recruiting@sasymphony.org using the subject heading Major Gifts
The San Antonio Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org