Under the direction of the Annual Fund Manager and in coordination with the Director of Patron Development & Engagement, the Stewardship & Events Coordinator will be responsible for Donor Cultivation and Stewardship projects to support fundraising efforts. This position must be able to work independently while also working as a member of the San Antonio Symphony Development team.
• Manage the planning and fulfillment of donor benefits and benefit outreach.
• Ensure that details of the stewardship program are well-documented and communicated to all involved parties.
• Manage coordination and implementation of an ongoing stewardship plan and related activities for San Antonio Symphony donors.
• Manage the planning, scheduling, invitations, and logistics for donor engagement events and other internal donor cultivation events as needed, such as open dress rehearsals, open Young People’s Concerts, special receptions, meet and greets, and volunteer/staff donor thank you events.
• Work with Development Team to manage the planning and execution of donor benefit events including: concept, guest lists, securing a venue, working with vendors such as caterers and florists, securing speakers, creating timelines, writing talking points, and completing any needed follow-up.
• Manage communications related to all donor benefit events, including pre- and post-event communications.
• Work with contracted graphic designers to develop fundraising materials and invitations.
• Assist with major-gift cultivation event planning and execution.
• Prepare patron lists for Founders’ Lounge on concert nights; communicate to patrons on nights Founders’ Lounge will be closed. Help coordinate department staffing at events.
• Coordinate, schedule and draft content for regular donor communications, including donor impact reports and donor e-newsletter.
• Proof the accuracy of monthly printed donor listings and keep lists up to date on the website and program book.
• Participate in concert lobby duty to maintain donor connections and promote fundraising activities.
• Work with board, development committee, and volunteers to engage in fundraising activities and events.
As part of the Development Team the Stewardship and Events Coordinator is expected to:
• Assume responsibility for special projects or other activities as directed by the Annual Fund Manager.
• Crosstrain to provide additional support in database hygiene and gift entry.
• Operate as a contributing member of the Development team by working closely and collaboratively with colleagues and other departments to provide seamless support to prospects and donors.
• Develop a thorough knowledge of the San Antonio Symphony; understand its base of financial support and the funding requirements of all segments of the organization and be able to clearly communicate its mission and needs.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to a thriving international artistic community. The San Antonio Symphony is committed to empowering the arts and artists to celebrate diversity, model inclusion, and advance equity at the highest professional level. This commitment is an investment in the San Antonio Symphony’s future and its growth.
In its goal to create and maintain a diverse community and organization, the San Antonio Symphony does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants should email a one page cover letter and one page resume to Recruiting@sasymphony.org using the subject heading Stewardship & Events
The San Antonio Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org