The Subscription Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining excellent customer service for subscribers and patrons of the San Antonio Symphony. This position will report to the Subscription Sales and Box Office Manager. Additional duties include general administrative support and concert duties. The Subscription Sales Representative must be able to work flexible hours, with some nights and weekends required.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in AudienceView or similar ticketing software and have a background in sales and customer service. They will be self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment in which saleable inventory is perishable and possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Complete day-to-day box office tasks for the San Antonio Symphony (SAS)
• Sell subscriptions and provide excellent customer service to San Antonio Symphony patrons by phone, in-person, or by email
• Work directly with the Manager of Sales & Patron Services to achieve department goals
• Drive subscription sales, renewals and acquisitions for SAS.
• Ensure excellent customer service standards within Box Office Staff and create meaningful interactions with SAS patrons.
• Work within all aspects of patron subscriptions; including cultivation, sales, exchanges, and communications.
• Identify key opportunities to increase subscriber loyalty and retention
• Ensure all customer records are kept to high standard.
• Attend and participate in weekly Sales/Marketing meetings
• Serve as AudienceView (TOBi) Super User on behalf of SAS
• Complete subscription sales and subsequent donations daily the day-to-day use of ticketing system and its ancillary components – TOBi & Raiser’s Edge.
• Work as necessary with Tobin Center Box Office and Majestic Theatre Box Office for ticketing needs
• All other duties as assigned
• Previous professional arts organization work is desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-directed, creative, and flexible; able to problem-solve, multi-talk, and adapt to changing priorities.
• Experience with use of computer programs, with experience in AudienceView or Tessitura CRM strongly preferred.
• Ability to work as part of an effective team, and to inspire and lead through example utilizing the skills, abilities, and passions of a diverse set of stakeholders to build relationships and advance the organization’s mission.
• Available to work nights and weekends, as needed.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are integral to a thriving international artistic community. The San Antonio Symphony is committed to empowering the arts and artists to celebrate diversity, model inclusion, and advance equity at the highest professional level. This commitment is an investment in the San Antonio Symphony’s future and its growth.
In its goal to create and maintain a diverse community and organization, the San Antonio Symphony does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local laws.
How to apply:
Qualified applicants should email a one page cover letter and one page resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject heading Subscription Sales Representative.
The San Antonio Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About San Antonio Symphony
The San Antonio Symphony, established in 1939, is a nonprofit performing arts organization with the mission to delight, engage, and enrich the entire community through excellent performance, education, and outreach. Under the dynamic leadership of Music Director Sebastian Lang-Lessing and Associate Conductor Noam Aviel, the San Antonio Symphony gives more than 100 performances annually, including classics, pops, educational programs, movie concerts, and performances with our fellow resident opera and ballet companies. With more than 70 professional musicians, the Symphony serves over 130,000 people per year including over 50,000 students. For more information about the San Antonio Symphony, please visit SASymphony.org.