The Artistic Assistant for the San Diego Symphony provides administrative support to the entire Artistic Department and guest artists and serves as the personal assistant for the Symphony’s Music Director. The Artistic Assistant is the Department’s backstage point-person during performances and rehearsals (together and/or in rotation with other department staff), and ensures a warm and welcoming environment for guest artists. This position performs the administrative and concert support functions required for the smooth and exceptional execution of performances and presentations; all of this work must be performed with a commitment to discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Project management experience; ability to manage multiple projects at once
– Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
– Knowledge of and passion for classical music and the performing arts is essential to this position
– Knowledge of concert production and logistics is preferred
– A valid driver’s license
– Spanish speaking skills a plus
– Knowledge of OPAS software a plus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About San Diego Symphony Orchestra
The San Diego Symphony, through unquestionable commitment to the highest levels of artistic achievement, seeks to elevate human potential by providing a shared sense of pride and belonging to something bigger than any of us can achieve alone. We offer audiences the wonder of live music and transformative learning experiences that develop and understanding and passion for the arts. To ensure we are an enduring force in the region we commit to fiscal responsibility. We serve and shape the culture of the region, by being for all and with all, the musical heart of San Diego.