The Director of Customer Experience for the San Diego Symphony is an upbeat, charming, helpful champion of the customer experience across departments and directly manages Front of House staff to ensure a hospitable, smooth and efficient operation of the entire guest experience. The Director of Customer Experience works to ensure an excellent experience through planning and delivering day-to-day front-of-house support needed by the Symphony in a multi-venue environment and assures that public spaces and performance venues are ready for guests. Success results in a fun and lively environment for volunteers, support staff and guests. This position reports to the Vice-President of Operations and works closely with the marketing department and all customer facing positions. This role is highly visible and interacts with donors, vendors, customers, artists, arts organizations as well as all San Diego Symphony customers. The right person in this role will lead by example at all times and provide the highest level of customer service to all internal and external guests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (sampling):
– Support all activities needed to provide a positive and safe customer experience
– Manage a robust organization-wide volunteer program
– Drive the ongoing development of a customer service culture across the organization, supported by effective policy and process frameworks and responsive customer service systems
– Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic, tactical and operational customer engagement plans, programs, and initiatives
– Advise Management on customer satisfaction measures, customer experience strategies, programs, initiatives and emerging issues to enable customer-centric strategic decision processes and major or critical issues response
– Help direct specific customer experience research programs to understand key concerns and issues and inform review and enhancement of customer service and service delivery models
– Direct the Front of House staff including house managers, volunteer staff and paid ushers
– At least 5 years customer service experience in a supervisory position
– Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in related field
– Advanced understanding of leading customer experience approaches and methodologies
– Experience working in organizations with multiple customer facing channels
– Able to work independently and to lead, train and motivate others
– Excellent written and verbal communication
– A pleasant demeanor is absolutely required to fulfill this position effectively
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a full job description; submit a cover letter and résumé to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About San Diego Symphony Orchestra
The San Diego Symphony, through unquestionable commitment to the highest levels of artistic achievement, seeks to elevate human potential by providing a shared sense of pride and belonging to something bigger than any of us can achieve alone. We offer audiences the wonder of live music and transformative learning experiences that develop and understanding and passion for the arts. To ensure we are an enduring force in the region we commit to fiscal responsibility. We serve and shape the culture of the region, by being for all and with all, the musical heart of San Diego.