Vice President of Marketing and Communications for the San Diego Symphony
The Vice President of Marketing and Communications is member of the San Diego Symphony’s Senior Management Team and an integral part of organizational decisions and strategic growth. The Vice President will manage and shape a best-in-class marketing function capable of supporting the Symphony’s marketing, sales, communications and public relations needs into the future. The Vice President of Marketing and Communications will help to lead an institutional goal of maximizing total household participation and revenue through coordinated communication, recognition and patron engagement tactics. The Vice President of Marketing and Communications is a key strategic leader in deepening relations with audiences and community members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (sampling):
• Oversee the development and implementation of comprehensive marketing strategies to create passionate and engaged San Diego Symphony patrons.
• Plan, organize, staff, mentor and manage all marketing functions.
• Direct and manage all public relations, communications, marketing, creative design, branding and brand positioning, and digital activities for Copley Symphony Hall at the Jacobs Music Center as well as the Bayside Performance Park.
• Develop and implement comprehensive plans to grow and deepen audience engagement efforts across the organization, including patron experience and conversion to donors.
• Research, analyze, and implement a strategic marketing plan for all San Diego Symphony events, programs, seasons, and venues.
• Manage critical third-party marketing, social media, and public relations vendors, including media buying plan and placement of all advertising.
• Oversee all website, social media and online engagement activities and drive strategy of these platforms.
Interested? Email email@example.com for a full job description or to apply (include a cover letter and resume).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About San Diego Symphony Orchestra
The San Diego Symphony, through unquestionable commitment to the highest levels of artistic achievement, seeks to elevate human potential by providing a shared sense of pride and belonging to something bigger than any of us can achieve alone. We offer audiences the wonder of live music and transformative learning experiences that develop and understanding and passion for the arts. To ensure we are an enduring force in the region we commit to fiscal responsibility. We serve and shape the culture of the region, by being for all and with all, the musical heart of San Diego.