The San Diego Symphony currently has an opening for an Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager.
The Assistant Orchestra Personnel Manager will work closely with the Orchestra Personnel Manager in acting as a liaison between Orchestra Musicians and Administrative Staff and ensuring compliance with the Master Agreement. Responsibilities include managing national and local auditions, maintaining the orchestra’s payroll, seating charts, assignments, and attendance records, hiring substitute and extra musicians, and acting as a resource for the musicians, while maintaining strict confidentiality with all personnel matters.
Submit your resume for consideration at email@example.com or email the same for a complete job description.
Essential duties (sampling)
– Assist the Orchestra Personnel Manager in ensuring that all Symphony activities are executed in compliance with the Master Agreement and in resolving labor issues.
– Serve as a liaison between musicians and the Music Director, guest artists and conductors, and administrative staff.
– Bachelor’s degree in Music, Music Business, or Arts Administration.
– Experience in the Performing Arts is essential to the success of this position.
– Must be familiar with orchestral repertoire and must be able to read music.
– In-depth knowledge of negotiated contract agreements with musicians and the application of such in day-to-day operations is a plus.
– Basic knowledge of California Human Resources concepts including sick leave and leaves of absence.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About San Diego Symphony
The San Diego Symphony, through unquestionable commitment to the highest levels of artistic achievement, seeks to elevate human potential by providing a shared sense of pride and belonging to something bigger than any of us can achieve alone. We offer audiences the wonder of live music and transformative learning experiences that develop and understanding and passion for the arts. To ensure we are an enduring force in the region we commit to fiscal responsibility. We serve and shape the culture of the region, by being for all and with all, the musical heart of San Diego.