Sarasota Orchestra currently has a job opening for an Education Manager. The successful candidate will work closely with the Education staff and faculty to provide support for the Sarasota Youth Orchestras, Summer Music Camp, Young Person’s Concerts, Young Artists Concerto Competition and Community Education Programs. In conjunction with the Director, you will run the day-to-day operations of all education programs.
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
• Manage all aspects of the Youth Orchestra programs
• Oversee music library needs for all Education Programs
• Produce and supervise the Community Education Programs
• Manage data entry for the Sarasota Youth Orchestras, Summer Music Camp and Young Artists Competition
• Organize audition process for yearly audition and seating auditions
• Lead the process to organize and input data for all Sarasota Youth Orchestras private lesson scholarships
• Represent the Orchestra at Orchestra programs and other events
Qualifications include the following:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education, Arts Administration (with music background) or Performance (with a minor in Education)
• 4+ years experience in arts education (youth orchestra experience a plus)
• Strong Arts Administration skills
• Ability to initiate and maintain positive relationships with parents, students, volunteers and co-workers
• Excellent customer service skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong computer skills including database experience; Tessitura experience a plus
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Sarasota Orchestra offers a competitive salary, generous time off and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and retirement.
To apply for this job email your details to hr@SarasotaOrchestra.org
About Sarasota Orchestra
Sarasota Orchestra stands at an exciting juncture in its successful 70-year history. Benefiting from the vibrant arts community in Sarasota, the organization has a $10 million annual budget and an endowment of over $26 million.
Sarasota is widely considered among the most philanthropically generous and arts-oriented communities in the United States. Sarasota Orchestra serves an area of 788,000 residents that is one of the 10 fastest growing regions in America.
The diversity and breadth of Sarasota Orchestra’s musical offerings and programs are unparalleled in an orchestra serving a region of this size. The 36-week orchestra season includes Masterworks and chamber orchestra series, a chamber music program, Pops and a hybrid series of light classical and popular music in a small venue setting. Additionally, the Orchestra collaborates with Sarasota Opera and Sarasota Ballet for 7 weeks during the season. Music Director Anu Tali will be completing her sixth and final season of her tenure in the 18/19 season. The organization is undergoing a music director search.
Education is a hallmark of the organization. The institution operates the three-week Sarasota Music Festival and extensive youth orchestra, summer music camp and young person’s concerts.
Currently, the Orchestra performs in multiple venues. The Board of the Orchestra is actively pursuing plans to finance and build a state-of-the-art concert hall to allow the Orchestra to substantially expand its offerings.