Inspire and transform musicians of all levels
Summertrios Workshop Manager
Summertrios seeks a Workshop Manager, beginning immediately. The Workshop Manager will work closely with the Summertrios team in the preparation, execution, and post-production of two weeks of summer workshops (June 11-25).
Summertrios is a 31-year-old organization that holds annual Workshops for adult non-professional chamber musicians. Participants come for a week of chamber music with professional coaches and players. Workshops will take place at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, PA.
Pre- and post-program hours will vary week to week, and applicants must be flexible with their schedules. Candidate must have excellent people skills, be musically literate, manage interns, and be a problem solver who can think on their feet. A good candidate will have Company Manager skills and a Stage Manager with music production or opera background. Having a car and driver’s license is advantageous.
Responsibilities fall into two categories, prep work leading up to the event and the event itself.
Leading up to the Workshops
Weekly/daily tasks such as:
● Assist Participants with registration
● Process payments
● Make and communicate housing assignments
● Communicate with the university, clients, and faculty about dietary restrictions and food allergies.
● Answer Participant questions by email or phone
● Execute contracts for Faculty and interns and onboard them
● Communicate with F&M Conference and Events Office about housing, dining, and rehearsal needs
● Obtain event insurance
● Check and respond to Summertrios email, communications through the website, and phone messages.
● Secure transportation (golf cart or rides as needed) for Faculty with mobility challenges
● Coordinate and participate in the transportation of Summertrios supplies, music library, and merchandise (housed in NYC) to the workshop venue on June 10
During the Event:
On-campus duties include:
● Ensure the overall smooth running of the event
● Oversee and track arrivals/departures/travel/housing needs
● Set up rehearsal spaces and campus signage in advance of the Workshops and ensure rooms are usable during the event
● Set up and breakdown of the Summertrios on-campus office
● Staff the on-site office
● Set up and coordinate the music library (consulting with musically trained interns, as needed)
● Set up a central communication board inside the dorm facility, and send nightly emails with updates to all Participants and Faculty
● Manage the on-site operations of the music workshops (full-time, physical presence at the workshops required)
● Act as the primary contact for Participants, Faculty, Interns, venue Conference, and Events Office, Piano Tuner, and Facilities Management
● Update the schedule as needed with impromptu group rehearsals and assigning of practice rooms
● Answer Participant/Faculty questions and address/resolve concerns during the Workshops
● Regularly communicate with the venue Conference and Events Office about updates
● Oversee stage management for concerts (manage interns)
● Plan and execute gatherings, post-concert receptions (shop for food)
● Manage interns and assign them tasks outside of their playing responsibilities
● Anticipate operations needs, hold production meetings with Artistic Director and interns before and during the Workshops
● Coordinate and distribute concert programs, assuring that a musically trained person proofreads them before printing
Four weeks of wrap-up work, including:
● Create and send Participant and Faculty Surveys
● Close final Invoices
● Submit final paperwork for payroll, petty cash, and any open invoices.
● Manage the sending of “Thank You” letters to donors, including proof of charitable contribution for tax purposes
Hours and Compensation
Hourly rate of $25. Hours will vary from 10-30 per week. They increase as the Workshops draw closer.
On-Site: $1300 per week, plus room and board on campus and a travel stipend.
Candidates must be comfortable with G-Suite and have a knowledge of Excel, Google Sheets, Zoom administration, Wix and Regfox, or other ticketing software.
There is the possibility of longer-term employment with Summertrios.
Interested candidates, please send a resume to Administrative Director Kari Berntson: firstname.lastname@example.org and Artistic Director Leslie Tomkins: email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org