Website Syracuse Stage
Syracuse Stage, the professional theatre in residence at Syracuse University, is
accepting applications for an Electrician / Board Operator.
The production department and shops support both the professional productions of
Syracuse Stage and those of the Syracuse University Department of Drama.
Employees work with professionals and undergraduates in all areas.
Syracuse Stage is committed to anti-racism, equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas
of our work, on and offstage, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Syracuse Stage
acknowledges with respect the Onondaga Nation, firekeepers of the Haudenosaunee,
the indigenous people on whose ancestral lands Stage stands.
Candidates from underrepresented groups and those who share these values and have
demonstrable experience advocating for anti-racism, equity, diversity and inclusion are
strongly encouraged to apply.
Employee will be subject to all COVID-19 protocols set forth by government, Syracuse
University, and partner unions, including but not limited to, documentation of vaccination
or documentation of medical/sincerely held religious exemption from vaccination.
To Apply: Please complete our online submission form located
If you have any difficulty with submitting via the google form, please email materials to
We ask for materials in written form, but we invite applicants to share using whatever
format best supports their skill set, be it written, audio, or video. Alternatives to a digital
portfolio can be a link to a website, a social media account that predominantly contains
relevant work, or a shared platform (such as a google folder).
All applications will be reviewed and some will be selected to submit additional
information. Leading candidates will be interviewed.
Please include a resume and references.
The Electrician is part of a 4-person staff, reporting to the Lighting and Projections
Supervisor and works closely with the Assistant Master Electrician, other Electricians,
and students to load in, hang, focus and strike shows in two or more spaces. As
assigned, the Electrician could serve as board-op, spot-op and/or programmer for a
production. The electrics shop is located on site.
The description of the position in this document is representative and not exhaustive.
Regular collaboration between shops in the production department and the wider
organization is expected. Duties and responsibilities may shift with organizational
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Hang, focus, and maintain lighting and projection equipment
• Program lighting console (when assigned)
• Serve as light board operator (when assigned)
• Serve as follow spot operator (when assigned)
Ideal Candidate Attributes:
• positive attitude
• verbal communication skills
Ideal Candidate Skills:
• Experience in hang, circuiting, and focus of lighting and projections equipment for
• Experience/Knowledge of console programming (ETC consoles preferred)
• General lighting equipment maintenance
• Understanding of PPE and methods appropriate to theater
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
• Participate in the load-in, focus and strike of all Syracuse Stage productions, SU
Drama Department productions and ancillary events for Syracuse Stage, including off
• Work includes working at heights, on ladders, and lifts.
• Nights/weekend work is to be expected
• Use proper safety equipment and methods for the job assignments.
• Lift 75 pounds
Position Dates & Salary Information:
• Full-time seasonal position
• Guaranteed 40 hour work week; some weekends; Overtime may be required, paid at
• Generous benefits package, including health insurance
• Typical schedule is: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 4:30PM (when assigned to shop
o Show/Rehearsal calls as scheduled (when assigned to shows)
• Start date targeted August 22, 2022
• End date is June 11, 2023
• Pay rate is $612.00 weekly
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.