Position Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Graphic Designer, Photographer, Auxiliary Marketing/Concert Staff, and other hired marketing related vendors
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is seeking a detail-oriented, data-driven, enthusiastic marketing professional to manage our marketing, advertising, communications, and patron services. Some experience managing and editing Websites desired. Video editing skills are a plus.
Responsibilities executed in conjunction with other marketing staff (listed above).
Refine and Implement Chicago Philharmonic’s Unique Brand and its Mission
- Develop both short and long-term strategies for the promotion of the brand
- Plan and execute brand campaign across advertising and owned assets
- Proof communications across departments to ensure adherence to brand and style guidelines
Plan and Execute Yearly Marketing Plans for Season Launch and Concerts
- Implement marketing plans and tactics for each concert with an emphasis on those with the highest revenue potential
- Carefully plan and maintain campaign budgets and expenses
- Secure all editorial content for publications, edits, and actively manage the editing process as well as collaborating with the graphic designer on the creative direction of campaigns
- Plan, book and execute strategic concert marketing campaign including paid advertising, digital channels, and printed materials
Cultivate and Build Relationships with Patrons, Press, and Key Stakeholders
- Prepare and execute email blasts, pre-concert emails, post-concert surveys to inform patrons and gather important feedback used to drive decision-making
- Facilitate social media planning process as the day-to-day management of social media marketing
- Write and send press releases, invitations, requests, pitches
- Serve as staff liaison on the Patron Services Committee and as a public representative of Chicago Philharmonic to external stakeholders
Lead Ticket Sales and Front-of-House Efforts
- Research and recommend ticket policies and pricing strategies that fulfill revenue and attendance goals
- Build concerts on ticketing software and complete venue ticket templates
- Execute single ticket and subscription acquisition and renewal campaigns
- Coordinate concert front-of-house, including box office setup, ticketing troubleshooting, audience crowd-flow, and lobby tables
- Plan and execute subscriber special events and assist on other events
Maintain Digital Spaces
- Upload, clean, and maintain patron information in databases with Development Manager
- Oversee search engine marketing (Google keywords, SEM) and reporting
- Edit layout, design, copy, digital content, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications
Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a relevant field with a strong background in writing, marketing, and/or communication.
- At least three years of experience in event or arts marketing, including prior experience in digital and traditional marketing strategies.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills; displays empathy and emotional intelligence when relating to others and is comfortable engaging and interacting with new people.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills, comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, Ovation, Tessitura, or other ticketing and customer relations management software.
- Proficiency in marketing tools such as social media, google assets, website editing, and email marketing platforms.
- Proficiency in Adobe assets (Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere Pro) highly regarded.
- Knowledge and/or interest in learning about orchestral/classical music a plus.
This is a full-time permanent position. The Chicago Philharmonic is an equal opportunity employer and we provide the same opportunities for hiring, advancement, and benefits to everyone without discriminating due to age, sex or gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or nationality, religion, disability,and medical history.
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience.
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and marketing samples to email@example.com No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Chicago Philharmonic Society
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is a collaboration of nearly 200 of the highest-level classical musicians performing in the Chicago metropolitan area. Governed under a groundbreaking structure of musician leadership, the Society presents concerts at venues throughout the Chicago area that cover the full spectrum of classical music, from Bach to Bernstein and beyond. The Society’s orchestra, known simply as the Chicago Philharmonic, has been called “one of the country’s finest symphonic orchestras” (Chicago Tribune), and its unique chamber music ensembles, which perform as the Chicago Philharmonic Chamber Players, draw from its vast pool of versatile musicians.
The Society’s outreach programs connect Chicago-area youth to classical music and provide performance opportunities for members of the community. Founded in 1988 by principal musicians from the Lyric Opera Orchestra, the Chicago Philharmonic, aside from presenting symphonic and chamber music concerts, currently serves as the official orchestra of the Joffrey Ballet, continues its longtime association with the Ravinia Festival, and partners with other outstanding local and national arts organizations on a regular basis.