The Chicago Philharmonic Society is seeking a full-time production and operations coordinator/manager who is an organized, detail-oriented self-starter to join our administrative team.
– Manage all on-site concert production aspects and act as stage manager
– Coordinate production logistics, including communicating with venues, renting additional equipment, coordinating piano tunings, hiring recording engineers and additional production staff as necessary, and ensuring that contract conditions are met
– Create production planning documents and run sheets
– Research, schedule, and book rehearsal venues
– Organize production and logistics for tours and run-outs
– Hire and coordinate with music librarians to ensure all projects are on schedule, track music library expenses
– Coordinate with Accountant to produce orchestra/concert budget estimates, submit and review musician payrolls, update cash flow and budgets
– Assist in contracting musicians as needed
– Oversee and direct Operations Assistant
Skills & Abilities
– Bachelor’s degree in arts administration, music, nonprofit management, theater, business or other related field is preferred
– At least three years experience working in either a production or administrative position is preferred
– Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and flexibility to work early mornings, late evenings, and weekends in locations throughout the Chicago area
– Excellent written and verbal communication necessary
– Must be organized, detail-oriented and diplomatic with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at the same time; Ability to make quick decisions in high-pressure situations
– Strong knowledge of classical music, with ability to read scores, and a knowledge of the orchestral repertoire and industry is a significant asset
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
– Knowledge of Ovation/Tessitura a plus
– Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
– Driver’s License
– Job type: Full-time – exempt
To apply, email email@example.com with your CV/resume and cover letter. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Chicago Philharmonic Society
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is a collaboration of nearly 200 of the highest-level classical musicians performing in the Chicago metropolitan area. Governed under a groundbreaking structure of musician leadership, the Society presents concerts at venues throughout the Chicago area that cover the full spectrum of classical music, from Bach to Bernstein and beyond. The Society’s orchestra, known simply as the Chicago Philharmonic, has been called “one of the country’s finest symphonic orchestras” (Chicago Tribune), and its unique chamber music ensembles, which perform as the Chicago Philharmonic Chamber Players, draw from its vast pool of versatile musicians.
The Society’s outreach programs connect Chicago-area youth to classical music and provide performance opportunities for members of the community. Founded in 1988 by principal musicians from the Lyric Opera Orchestra, the Chicago Philharmonic, aside from presenting symphonic and chamber music concerts, currently serves as the official orchestra of the Joffrey Ballet, continues its longtime association with the Ravinia Festival, and partners with other outstanding local and national arts organizations on a regular basis.