The Chicago Philharmonic Society is seeking an enthusiastic, organized and reliable individual with strong writing, research, and information management skills for a part-time position in development.
– Support all aspects of the annual development plan, working closely with Development Manager to achieve annual and long-range goals.
– Maintain donor database (Ovation) following all policies and procedures for managing donor contact and biographical information.
– Process contributions and prepare gift acknowledgments for signature by the Executive Director and others.
– Maintain annual calendar of grant application deadlines, reporting requirements and payment status, provide regular status reports to the Development Manager and Executive Director.
– Research and compile program descriptions, budget information, audience demographics, press quotes, patron feedback and other topics relevant to donors; ensure that materials are accurate, timely and approved by appropriate authority (Executive Director or Treasurer). Format and submit grant applications and reports via email, online grant portal, mail, or delivery.
– Manage compliance with funder requirements, including recognition and ticket benefits, insurance requirements and program evaluation.
– Coordinate logistics for donor events as directed by the Development Manager in advance of and during the event.
– Conduct research on prospects and funding opportunities.
– Manage and evaluate development interns, including staff evaluation and exit survey
– Assist with concert-day and FOH setup.
– Perform a variety of administrative tasks, including answering office phones, processing ticket orders and contributions, compiling solicitation and VIP lists, checking and distributing mail.
– Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
– Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with strong background in writing and communication.
– At least one year of experience working in nonprofit fund development, marketing or alumni relations.
– Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, strong attention to detail.
– Highly organized and responsible.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
This is a part-time permanent position.
Compensation: Commensurate with skills and experience
TO APPLY: Please send a cover letter, resume, and one sample to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Chicago Philharmonic Society
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is a collaboration of over 200 of the highest-level classical musicians performing in the Chicago metropolitan area. Governed under a groundbreaking structure of musician leadership, the Society presents concerts at venues throughout the Chicago area that cover the full spectrum of classical music, from Bach to Bernstein and beyond. The Society’s orchestra, known simply as the Chicago Philharmonic, has been called “one of the country’s finest symphonic orchestras” (Chicago Tribune), and its unique chamber music ensembles, which perform as the Chicago Philharmonic Chamber Players, draw from its vast pool of versatile musicians.
The Society’s outreach programs connect Chicago-area youth to classical music and provide performance opportunities for members of the community. Founded in 1988 by principal musicians from the Lyric Opera Orchestra, the Chicago Philharmonic, aside from presenting symphonic and chamber music concerts, currently serves as the official orchestra of the Joffrey Ballet, continues its longtime association with the Ravinia Festival, and partners with other outstanding local and national arts organizations on a regular basis.