The Chicago Philharmonic is seeking a detail oriented, organized and diplomatic self-starter to join our administrative team.
Education and Community Outreach Programs
• Facilitate and manage our in-school AMP Mentorship Program, Side by Side community concerts, Next!, and Spotlight student performer programs
• Work closely with Personnel and Operations Director to coordinate with schools for scheduling, artistic needs, resources, securing Chicago Philharmonic musicians mentors, and other tasks as assigned
• Maintain accurate records of all activities. Assist Development Manager in grant-related reporting
Special Project Management Support
• Assist Executive Director and administrative staff in research and development of special long and short-term projects
• Provide administrative support by scheduling meetings, preparing meeting agendas, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and maintaining records when needed
• Assist in creating and updating project work plans and take initiative to ensure timely completion
General Office Support
• Provide general office support when needed including answering phones, box office support, copying, mailings, and other administrative tasks
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in arts administration, music, nonprofit management, education, business or other related field is preferred
• At least one year experience working in music education or an administrative position is preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Must be organized, detail-oriented and diplomatic with the ability to prioritize multiple projects at the same time
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of Ovation/Tessitura a plus
• Knowledge of orchestral/classical music a plus
Job Type: Part Time (20 hours per week) – entry level position with opportunities for additional hourly assignments. Flexible weekly hours, some weekend and evening hours required.
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/resume and cover letter. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About The Chicago Philharmonic Society
The Chicago Philharmonic Society is a collaboration of over 200 of the highest-level classical musicians performing in the Chicago metropolitan area. Governed under a groundbreaking structure of musician leadership, the Society presents concerts at venues throughout the Chicago area that cover the full spectrum of classical music, from Bach to Bernstein and beyond. The Society’s orchestra, known simply as the Chicago Philharmonic, has been called “one of the country’s finest symphonic orchestras” (Chicago Tribune), and its unique chamber music ensembles, which perform as the Chicago Philharmonic Chamber Players, draw from its vast pool of versatile musicians.
The Society’s outreach programs connect Chicago-area youth to classical music and provide performance opportunities for members of the community. Founded in 1988 by principal musicians from the Lyric Opera Orchestra, the Chicago Philharmonic, aside from presenting symphonic and chamber music concerts, currently serves as the official orchestra of the Joffrey Ballet, continues its longtime association with the Ravinia Festival, and partners with other outstanding local and national arts organizations on a regular basis.