Website The Children's Theatre of Western Springs (The Theatre of Western Springs)
The Children’s Theatre of Western Springs is seeking a Camp Coordinator for our upcoming 2023 Summer Camp season.
POSITION TITLE: Camp Coordinator
WORK TYPE: Employee – Seasonal
DEPARTMENT: Children’s Theatre
REPORTS TO: Children’s Theatre Director
The Children’s Theatre of Western Springs, part of the Theatre of Western Springs, has been providing exceptional theatrical experiences to community members and families for over 75 years. Our Summer Camps focus on creating fun, educational camp experiences for new and seasoned students alike, teaching about the world of live theatre through group activities, games, and performances. The Theatre of Western Springs is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization.
Our Summer Camp season includes 4 fast-paced, two-week sessions, each focused on a different show. This summer, we have 2 sessions of Finding Nemo JR, and two sessions of Annie JR. During each session, campers learn new techniques in acting, music, dance, and technical theatre while working towards a live performance on our Mainstage! Campers range from Kindergarten thru 9th grade, and up to 70 campers will be in each session. Each camp of 70 is broken down further into smaller groups who will rehearse together throughout the day. The Camp Coordinator works alongside our Directing Teams, Student Interns, and staff members to provide excellent organization and communication to the daily routines of the camps. Camp takes place daily between 8:30am-12:30pm; staff hours begin 30 minutes before camp, and end when all students have been dismissed.
For more information regarding dates and times, please refer to our camp website here:
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Attend all camp days, meetings, technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals, and performances. Camp Coordinator should arrive to the Theatre at 8am each day to open the doors and get everything ready for the day.
– Oversee arrival and dismissal of campers each day, monitoring streets and theatre areas for safety.
– Use time management to keep rehearsals and camp days moving according to the daily schedule.
– Work alongside Directing Teams to provide organization to the camps. This includes overseeing daily schedules to keep staff on track and facilitating communication between Camp Staff and Theatre Staff.
– Oversee Student Interns ranging from 6th-12th grade, making sure they are engaged, staying safe, and providing organization to the camp experience.
– Communicate with parents as needed for attendance, behavioral issues with campers, and/or medical concerns throughout camp.
– Oversee camp breaks, making sure that campers are safe and respectful.
– Prior experience in a camp environment, preferably with younger children.
– Highly organized, independent, and able to take leadership.
– Familiarity with theatre, or an interest in learning more.
– Provide own housing & transportation. All camp days take place at 4384 Hampton Ave in Western Springs, IL
– Monday through Friday, June 12 – August 4, 8am-1pm. No camp on 6/19 or 7/4. Hours may be extended occasionally for meetings or performances.
Instructions to Apply:
To apply, please send the following to Nick Corpora Brandt, Children’s Theatre Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.
-Interest Email (no cover letter needed).
-Resume detailing relevant experience.
-2 professional references and contact info for them.