The Cleveland Orchestra is currently seeking a Corporate Gift Officer who will be responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporations and corporate foundations to establish long-term partnerships and strengthen existing relationships that will result in philanthropic support for The Cleveland Orchestra.
This role provides the expertise to advance the orchestra’s interests by researching and identifying sources of support, proactively seeking opportunities to generate new proposals based on corporate guidelines and interests, and maintaining strong communication ties with corporate donors.
CORPORATE GIFT OFFICER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a comprehensive plan for increased corporate engagement and giving.
• Work to increase support by cultivating and stewarding effective relationships between corporate leaders and The Cleveland Orchestra (TCO) through face-to-face meetings and regular communication.
• Cultivate and solicit corporate donors and prospects capable of making high 5 figure and above gifts, focusing on six and seven figure gifts. Meet or exceed annual corporate giving goals.
• Design underwriting packages that maximize opportunity for sponsors to increase corporate visibility and to build and enhance employee and customer/client relationships while raising visibility of TCO.
• Create tailored sponsorship proposals for corporate partners and collaborate with corporations to achieve maximum return on investment in TCO.
• Work with the Development Operations Team identify new ways to secure sponsorships through data analysis, innovative packaging of TCO programs and creative marketing/advertising/benefits opportunities.
• Work with the Director of Institutional Giving, Chief Development Officer, President and CEO and members of the Board of Trustees on corporate donor identification, prospecting and solicitation activity including staffing the Corporate Giving Task Force and the Advisory Council.
• Work with the Development Associate, Institutional Giving and other organizational colleagues in the production of proposals, reports and collateral materials for corporate sponsorship and to ensure the timely fulfillment of sponsorship benefits, acknowledgements and recognition.
• Maintain up-to-date records of activity in department database.
• Closely monitor key metrics and statistics for purposes of tracking, monitoring results, and improving performance; produce comprehensive reports of corporate support and trends.
INSTITUTIONAL GIVING TEAM
The Corporate Gift Officer will be part of the Institutional Giving Team (IGT) and report to the Director of Institutional Giving. IGT has been expanded and formalized to support increased fundraising from the corporate, foundation, and government sectors. We are seeking a dynamic Corporate Gift Officer to help this team reach new levels of funding.
QUALIFICATIONS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising – preferably in corporate giving – or sales.
• Demonstrated record of success in generating significant philanthropic gifts at the 5 and 6 figure levels.
• Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques required.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to make presentations to senior-level groups as well as to build one-on-one relationships with members of diverse constituencies at all levels of authority.
• Strong organizational and writing skills.
• Demonstrated independent, mature judgment.
• Ability to consistently maintain a professional image and demeanor.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to collaborate and prioritize in the management of multiple projects and deadlines.
• Must be able to travel between locations (Severance Hall and Blossom Music Center) and to travel to local or regional meetings.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefit package, including a 403(b) plan with employer match, along with the opportunity to work with a world-renowned Orchestra.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer