Website The Encore Musical Theatre Company
POSITION: MANAGING DIRECTOR
Classification: Full Time, Salaried, Exempt
Reports to: Board of Directors (Co-Report with Producing Artistic Director)
Salary Range: $65,000 – $90,000 (commensurate with experience)
Benefits Package: Group Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision), Group Life Insurance, Employer-Sponsored 401(k), Two Weeks Paid Vacation
The Encore Musical Theatre Company, a 501(c)(3) professional and award-winning theatre company, is looking for a Managing Director (MD). The primary responsibility of the MD will be to oversee the theatre’s operations, finances, and community support, working closely with the Producing Artistic Director (PAD), Development Director (DD), General Manager (GM), and Board of Directors (BOD) to maintain the theatre’s excellence and structure. In addition, the MD will lead development and marketing, as well as manage audience services and office staff to ensure the growth and sustainability of the theatre.
• Direct all aspects of administration, including budgeting, development, marketing, communications, audience services, and company management.
• Act as primary contact and negotiator with all production rights companies and unions, as well as ensure that Encore maintains compliance with all applicable contracts and negotiated relationships.
• Ensure that Encore’s workplace culture is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible.
• In collaboration with the PAD and GM, create and implement budgets for each program and production, as well as track production cashflow and budget forecasting.
• In collaboration with the PAD and GM, oversee all ticketing and the ticketing system.
• In collaboration with the PAD, work to enhance artistic clarity and excellence, audience experience, and year-round programming, as well as act as spokesperson for the theater via public appearances and fundraisers.
• With the PAD, provide regular updates to the BOD on artistic activity, financial information, and general wellbeing of the theater, to maintain open communication and transparency.
• In collaboration with the GM, oversee building staff, including box office, custodial, etc.
• With the DD, oversee and drive all grant writing, individual and corporate donations, and donor database information.
• In partnership with the PAD, oversee all educational programs, including the Encore Junior production, summer camps, master classes, and the Maas Conservatory.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
• Be a charismatic communicator with the ability to establish long-lasting, productive relationships with the BOD, staff, and community, including patrons and funders.
• Combine demonstrated business acumen with strong management skills.
• Design and execute The Encore’s resource development in the short, intermediate, and long-term to help The Encore achieve sustainable growth into the future.
• Have the ability to generate earned income and philanthropic support.
• Hold workplace safety, diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values.
• Offer a measured approach to management and a warm and welcoming demeanor.
• Value and foster collaborative work practices.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Non-profit Administration, or a related field.
• Experience in a non-profit arts organization of similar size or experience as a department head or senior staff in a larger organization.
• Experience building revenue and philanthropic support, including grant writing.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with boards, volunteers, employees, and funders.
• Management of a development campaign preferred.
ABOUT THE ENCORE:
The Encore Musical Theatre is a vibrant performing arts organization based in Dexter, Michigan. With a track record of excellence, this 501(c)(3) company has been operating for 16 years and is widely recognized for its outstanding productions and educational programs.
Recently, The Encore embarked on a major capital campaign to raise $2.5 million, and we are now more than halfway to our goal. This fundraising effort enabled us to move from our original, small garage space to a stunning 20,000 square foot venue in the heart of downtown Dexter. The new space is a beautifully restored building, which is now home to The Encore and its many exciting events.
Throughout the year, The Encore puts on four mainstage productions, a Tribute Concert Series, and various special events. We also offer a popular musical theatre summer camp program that attracts young performers from all over the region.
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com