The Glimmerglass Festival seeks a Production Electrician for its 2022 Festival Season. The Production Electrician reports to the Lighting Director and the Director of Production.
The position works as a member of a 13-person team. The Production Electrician directly supervises two assistants, six staff and four apprentices. The primary goals of the position include:
-Supervise members of the Electrics staff in prepping the rental lighting package at the rental house.
-Direct and supervise the installation of a repertory light plot, including intelligent lighting equipment and show-specific set electrics.
– Collaborate with lighting designers and supervisors to realize the artistic goals of each production.
– Supervise and direct assistant production electricians in the circuiting and troubleshooting of the light plot.
– Coordinate with lighting supervisors to facilitate focus of each opera.
– Schedule and oversee a staff of electricians and electric’s apprentices during load-in, rehearsals, changeovers and performance calls. Provide guidance and mentoring for all electrics apprentices and staff.
– Work in close collaboration with all other departments to facilitate smooth load-ins, focus and changeover.
– Work in conjunction with the festival lighting programmer to design and maintain the lighting network.
– Under the direction of the Director of Production and Stage Managers, assist with coordination of emergency response in the event of an emergency or extreme weather.
– Oversee the safe operation of the festival stage systems, including supervision of Electrics Apprentices in the safe use of rigging, electrics, genies, ladders, etc.
– Manage all expenses within the Electrics department and track expenses. Budget projects that are done in-house and coordinate projects with other departments.
Strong working knowledge and comfort with the use of Vectorworks, Lightwright, ETC EOS and ION Consoles, excel.
High level of experience with electrical maintenance and troubleshooting.
Experience developing and maintaining a lighting control network. Experience with building electrical elements within scenery.
Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills.
This position requires constant communication with other departments. The responsibilities of this position require the employee to be physically present on campus to complete the tasks assigned. Some training opportunities may be available. Commitment to safe work habits and shop practices is essential. Must be willing to abide by Glimmerglass Festival’s current and potential future Covid-19 policies, including testing and wearing a mask on campus.
This position runs 5/16/2022-8/28/2022. Exempt position paying $1,000/week plus $1,500 in preseason pay to cover time spent on hiring staff. Housing is provided plus travel reimbursement up to $200.
The Glimmerglass Festival seeks to hire persons of all backgrounds, lived experiences, and identities. Developing and investing in our employees is our highest priority to achieve an environment that fosters company wide success. The Festival aims to employ individuals at varying stages of their careers, who have a desire to work for a leading arts organization that values professional and personal growth through collaboration and commitment to creating the highest quality product possible. In order to learn more about the initiatives and actions we are taking to make progress in these areas, please visit our website, HERE.
The Glimmerglass Festival is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
To apply, please email a Cover Letter and Resume including three references to our Production Coordinator, at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org