Website The Historic Clayborn Temple
Historic Clayborn Temple
Administrative Assistant Job Description
Historic Clayborn Temple seeks to hire an Administrative Assistant to support the growth and development of the organization. Historic Clayborn Temple a 3-year 501(c)3 organization with over 200 years of history and legacy. The Historic Clayborn Temple team is currently in a building and growing phase. Currently, there is a team of five staff members and a small team of consultants moving the work forward. Historic Clayborn Temple is currently in Phase 2 of 4 restoration phases and building out new programs including a community engagement process inspired by the work of Dr. King and the Sanitation Workers and aligned with the innovation of storytelling, community building, and wealth-building for African-American communities.
Historic Clayborn Temple engages in culture and the arts inspired by the participants of the 1968 Sanitation Workers’ Strike. Clayborn seeks to embody their declaration of the humanity and dignity of Black, poor, and working-class people and to continue their legacy of advancing human understanding through storytelling, engagement, and practice.
The Administrative Assistant would report and provide support to the Deputy Director and assist in the smooth execution of Clayborn’s day to day operations.
*Location: This position is based in Memphis, TN
DESIRED START DATE: February 5th or until position filled
294 Hernando St,
Memphis, TN 38126
Job Description: The Historic Clayborn Temple Administrative Assistant is a full – time position based in Memphis, TN providing support to the Deputy Director.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Logistics and Administrative
● Build strong relationships with consultants, strategic partners, and team members to work in a collaborative environment
● Keep up to date distribution charts, manage database, and other documents. Lead the charge with managing the shared drive and keeping all documents organized and readily available to team members
● Coordinate meeting schedules and prepare agenda, memos, documents, and notes for work groups and meetings
● Support Board of Directors meetings and preparation (gathering staff reports, e-mailing
material, coordinating logistics and travel, and attendance at regional meetings as needed)
● Partner with leadership to assist with organizational analysis and support initiative
● Manage Historic Clayborn Temple’s Zoom accounts, schedule meetings, and update the Zoom and Google calendar
● Assist with Google Suite back end
● Development of and/or contribution to presentation materials
● Identify areas of improvement, create, and improve processes
● Translate data and information
● Book travel as needed for staff, Board of Directors, and Historic Clayborn Temples program guests
● Manage Doodle poll requests from work groups and staff and schedule meetings
● Participate in activities as assigned by the organization for professional development
● Other administrative duties as assigned
● At least 3 years of administrative experience
● Strong organizational skills, the ability to plan, multitask, and monitor the adherence of deadlines
● Familiarity with GQueues and Google Suite platforms
● Outstanding relationship building skills
● Ability to work from home/remotely
● Be able to communicate clearly and concisely
● Adaptability – this job requires strong work ethic and the ability to adapt and change working patterns as necessary
● Dedicated self-starter with a meticulous attention to detail
● Excellent time management and the ability to meet deadlines
● Ability to show a valid driver’s license and willingness to drive to and from work meetings
● Working knowledge of Asana
HOW TO APPLY: Submit your application package including a resume, cover letter, and 1-2 work samples. The Cover Letter should address why this role is in alignment with your current goals and trajectory at this time, mission alignment, your core competencies, and what you will bring and gain from The Historic Clayborn. Please email your application packet to search(at)unlockcreative.org.
WHERE TO APPLY: Unlock Creative: Coaching & Management Solutions LLC is conducting this search. If you have any questions, please email Ashley Walden Davis at ashley(at)unlockcreative.org or call 404.236.6222. Label the email “The Historic Clayborn Search questions”. All applications and expressed interest in this position will remain confidential.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com