Website The Metropolitan Opera
The Tessitura System, the primary arts enterprise software used by cultural institutions and arts organizations across the country and worldwide, was originally built by and for The Metropolitan Opera. Our Systems Analyst position will provide crucial and comprehensive support to the staff of The Metropolitan Opera related to Tessitura and associated systems. The right person for this role will be capable of working in a collaborative and rapidly changing environment, including continuous interaction with staff and management, internal IS&T staff, and external consulting partners. The ability to write complex SQL queries and stored procedures and an excellent understanding of relational databases are key to success in this position.
- Collaborate with other application support team members to ensure that tessitura support request tickets are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work directly with web support team, website developers, and Tessitura Network to resolve problems and maintain site functionality and stability.
- Work with the Box Office to confirm that all processing issues and concerns are reported, and necessary steps are taken to resolve.
- Work with Information Systems staff to ensure Tessitura-based hardware is fully functional and optimized (including N-Scan equipment, BOCA printers, payment processing systems, etc.)
- Create, modify, read and understand stored procedures using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Create tables, functions, triggers, views for business functions and reporting. Create, modify, and troubleshoot SQL Server jobs.
- Create custom reports and modify existing reports in Tessitura according to business needs.
- Participate in the testing and rollout of application software and new releases.
- Collaborate with users on Tessitura upgrades and new functionality implementations.
- Ensure proper and thorough documentation of application support procedures and protocols.
- Provide outstanding internal customer service to all application users at The Metropolitan Opera.
- Respond to requests for assistance via phone, email, in person, and support tickets.
- In rotation with the Application Support team, provide weekend coverage (Friday evening through Sunday evening).
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or comparable work experience using Tessitura or any other enterprise software application within arts or cultural organization is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of relational databases is required.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries and stored procedures is required.
- Familiarity with other components in the Tessitura ecosystem such as NScan, Print at Home and Web API is preferred.
- Experience writing custom reports in infomaker/SQL Server Reporting Services is preferred.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, flexible mindset.
- The Metropolitan Opera is a performance venue that requires employees working in the building to be fully vaccinated. You must be fully vaccinated at the time your employment is scheduled to start.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, and hear
- Frequently required to use repetitive hand motion and to stand, walk, reach, bend
- Occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Please follow this link to submit your application materials: https://form.jotform.com/200134406236139
The Metropolitan Opera believes that diversity is critical to our success and growth as a leading performing arts institution and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities we serve.
The Metropolitan Opera is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and existing employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship status, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
To apply for this job please visit form.jotform.com.