Website The New Group
Award-winning, artist-driven, Off- Broadway theater company
The New Group, one of New York’s leading Off-Broadway theaters, is seeking a front-line fundraiser to serve as the ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT, responsible for overseeing and implementing individual engagement with The New Group through fundraising campaigns, development strategies, and special events, including our annual Gala. A successful candidate will have familiarity with donor cultivation and stewardship strategies and a desire to develop connections with The New Group’s Board and donors.
Reporting to The New Group’s Executive Director, this position is ideal for an ambitious early- to mid-career fundraising professional who will benefit from working closely with the organization’s leadership team, other departments, and Development Consultants, gaining valuable mentorship and experience. As The New Group’s donor community continues to grow, we expect the development department to grow as well, offering significant opportunities for professional growth as a leader in a small department.
Founded in 1995, The New Group is an award-winning, artist-driven company with a commitment to developing and producing powerful, contemporary theater. In addition to producing three annual productions, the organization’s New Group/New Works play and musical development program champions original works by emerging and established authors. The New Group also operates a variety of theater education programs that provide opportunities for artistically inclined middle and high school, college, and adult students. The New Group Off Stage celebrates work at the intersection of art, multimedia, and social engagement by showcasing some of today’s most compelling storytellers through web series, feature films, audio plays and more.
Individual Giving (60%)
● In collaboration with Development Consultants, spearhead the implementation of a major gifts pipeline (donors giving $10,000+) and work with the Executive Director and Artistic Director on cultivation strategies for major gifts
● Manage the Patron Ensemble program (donors giving from $1,000 – $9,999) including renewals, acquisitions, communications, and benefit fulfillment
● Determine individual giving strategies, donor research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship across all donor levels
● Spearhead bi-annual individual fundraising campaigns and smaller targeted solicitations
● Manage the creation and distribution of donor and prospect communications, thank-you letters, invitations, and other fundraising/development collateral
● Act as The New Group ambassador at performances and events, including greeting donors and cultivating relationships with constituents
● Oversee development administration, including:
○ Log all donation payments and pledges in Spektrix
○ Provide monthly financial reconciliations with finance department and generating development reports for leadership
○ Assist finance with annual cash flow projections, income/expense budgeting and long-term planning
● Organize donor cultivation activities including patron receptions, opening night parties, benefit readings, and other special events
● Project manage all aspects of the annual Gala, including in-person paddle-raises, and overall planning with external event planner
● Prepare and manage solicitation and invitation lists, track RSVPs and seating requests, and correspond with attendees
● On-site management of events as needed; some evening and weekend availability required
Board of Directors (10%)
• Prepare development reports for Board meetings
• Manage the Board’s annual giving, including follow up on pledges, and work with The New Group leadership to identify additional giving opportunities for the Board throughout the season
• In collaboration with the Executive Director and Development Committee, identify priorities for current Directors and prospective candidates
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
● Prior experience working in a development, fundraising, or sales role
● Event planning, project management, and/or producing experience
● A commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accessibility (IDEA), anti-racism, and ongoing IDEA education
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google applications, and CRM software; experience with Spektrix a plus
● An appreciation for the performing arts; knowledge and love of contemporary theater a plus
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you don’t meet all of the criteria listed above but know you have what it takes to do this job, we encourage you to apply and tell us about yourself in your cover letter.
This is a full-time exempt position available immediately, with a salary range of $70,000-$85,000. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, 403b retirement, and commuter benefit plans. The New Group operates as a hybrid remote and in person workplace.
The New Group embraces diversity in all forms and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation. The New Group is an equal opportunity employer, and BIPOC, immigrant, veteran, disabled, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals are encouraged to apply. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact us at email@example.com.
To apply, please submit a cover letter along with a resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Associate Director of Development” in the subject line. No phone calls please. For more information on The New Group, please visit: TheNewGroup.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com