Website The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra
Making music accessible to as many people as possible
Ballinger Leafblad is pleased to partner with The Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra on its search for a new Chief Development Officer (CDO).
The CDO reports to the President and is responsible for leading and implementing the organization’s overall fundraising strategy. The SPCO’s Annual Fund is its largest source of revenue and is critical to the financial health of the organization. One of the CDO’s top priorities is to drive and increase the SPCO’s Individual Giving activities such as prospecting, cultivation, solicitation and securing major gifts to reach the Annual Fund’s goals. The CDO is a strategic member of the senior management team and is the primary board liaison for the Development Committee. Additionally, the CDO co-leads the Arts Partnership Annual Fund, and therefore must be comfortable and effective working within a collaborative fundraising model. Learn more at https://artspartnership.org/.
With a $10M annual operating budget and $50M endowment, the SPCO is entering its 65th year in operation and is widely regarded as one of the finest chamber orchestras in the world. This is a phenomenal opportunity for a donor-centric leader who is eager to make a big impact on a smaller organization with a world-class reputation for innovative programming whose mission is to make its music accessible to as many people as possible. The values of innovation, accessibility, inclusion, and excellence should resonate with candidates who wish to be considered for this role. Deep commitment to its local community is at the core of the SPCO’s Inclusion and Diversity goals; therefore, the CFO and other senior management are expected to reside in the greater Minneapolis – St. Paul region.
The ability to drive donor-related activities that lead to securing major (5+ figure) gifts is critically important, as is the ability to lead a high-performing team of development professionals. Candidates should be comfortable working with a Board of Directors who are actively involved in fundraising. Staff management experience is required, with a demonstrated track record of setting and achieving ambitious team and individual revenue goals. Experience fundraising for an arts-related organization is ideal; having a strong appreciation for music/performing arts is a must.
Qualifications in Brief
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent professional experience
• 10+ years experience in fundraising, 5+ years experience managing staff
• Significant experience and demonstrated results securing major (5+ figure) gifts from individual donors, family trusts, etc.
• Broad knowledge of the development field including strategies, programs, fundraising tactics and administration
• CFRE preferred but not required
• Oversight of the development division’s activities and goals, with an emphasis on maximizing donor prospecting, cultivating, and soliciting activities to secure major gifts.
• Executive Leadership, Fundraising Strategy, Board and Committee support, and Departmental Leadership responsibilities > go to: https://www.ballingerleafblad.com/current-searches and read the POSITION PROFILE
• Please review the full position profile before applying. Go to https://www.ballingerleafblad.com/current-searches
• A cover letter is required for all applicants.
• The application deadline is December 22, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit www.ballingerleafblad.com.