Website The Stissing Center
Impact. Partner. Create.
The Director of Development and Communications is charged with primary responsibility for managing and implementing the organization’s first professional development plan, generated as part of a strategic plan process. Position is responsible for planning, execution, control and evaluation of fundraising and outreach for the organization. The Development Director works closely with the ED, the Board and Fundraising volunteers to enhance and support the overall mission of the organization, and to assure that ample unrestricted and programs funds are generated. The first-year position will be on an employment contract to include benefits, after which time, based on outstanding performance, the position will become a regular management position with all the benefits and protections thereof.
The Development Director is Responsible for fund development for these purposes:
• Operating Support
• Major Projects, including new programs and collaborative ventures
• Finish Capital Campaign
• Endowment Fund (new, to be started with Bequest/Legacy Program)
• Planned Giving Program (anticipated 2024)
ABOUT THE STISSING CENTER
Formerly known as Pine Plains Memorial Hall, The Stissing Center (a 501c3 nonprofit corporation) is both a historic building and a new nonprofit organization. After years of construction and revitalization, The Stissing Center first opened its doors for an inaugural performance by jazz great, Wynton Marsalis. From Marsalis’s unforgettable performance to an abrupt shuttering during the pandemic to a 2022 season that boasted 45 diverse performances, The Stissing Center—as a venue and as an organization—is positioned for a future as storied as its past. The Stissing Center is financed by generous private donors, sponsorships, and community support.
The organization aims to positively impact our community through local partnerships, and by creating meaningful programming and events. We value the arts and action, as our programming centers world-class arts and culture in partnership with community engagement opportunities. In early 2022, our board and staff collaborated on a comprehensive strategic plan that speaks to our collective aspirations and future-focused vision.
The Stissing Center seeks a Director of Development to originate and/or oversee all fundraising efforts, to identify inventive ways to support our strategic goals, and to enhance our public presence and partnerships. Working collaboratively with the Executive Director and our passionate staff, we are looking for someone who is excited by our vision and who understands the impact of its reach.
• Collaborate with Executive Director in areas of fundraising, grant work, public relations, et al.
• Create a Development office complete with policies, programs and policies that advance the vision and mission of The Stissing Center.
• Invent and develop new events that enhance our fundraising efforts and strategically fund our organization’s goals
• Establish and maintain relationships with our existing donors and sponsors
• Identify and engage untapped private donors and public sponsorships
• Identify and develop untapped local partnerships for funding, sponsorship and/or
enhanced name recognition
• Manage any/all fundraising and special events
• Work closely with our programming and marketing staff
• Serve as a TSC ambassador in the local nonprofit community. Produce new, inventive
ways to enhance our reach and establish name recognition with businesses, nonprofits,
organizations, and private entities throughout the greater Hudson Valley
• Generate development materials to effectively communicate goals, achievements,
strategies, and events for the use of staff, board members, and other
• Develop resources sufficient to evaluate the financial health of the organization in areas
of charitable funds, sponsorships, grants, awards, et al.
• Effectively navigate fundraising and/or grant strategies for both our ongoing capital
campaign, as well as our operational costs
• Attend Development Committee meetings, working closely with board members and
volunteers to delegate and implement necessary efforts for any/all major fundraising events/happenings
One quarter of the position is dedicated to Outreach – in collaboration with Marketing Coordinator – which includes:
• Newsletter writing and publication
• Preparation of press releases
• Publication of documents to include fundraising brochures and letters, other marketing materials, annual reports
• Generation of print materials and multi-media presentations to generate interest and support
Work with Executive Director and Board to plan and carry out 1 major event annually with an income generation goal of $175,000+. Plan an Annual Meeting with a Public Relations and Donor Appreciation goal. Assist Board in events as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com