Website Tom O'Connor Consulting Group
About the Opportunity
Tom O’Connor Consulting Group seeks a Search Assistant to support our growing Executive Search practice, coordinating various operational and research functions for the smooth and effective execution of our search processes. This individual will be responsible for gathering accurate, credible information (including contact information) to expand our database and fuel our outreach to prospective candidates. They will also coordinate logistics within the search process from posting of position profiles, to receipt of applicant materials, to coordination of interviews.
This is a prime opportunity for an incredibly detail-oriented individual capable of maintaining a high degree of confidentiality, and who wishes to join a growing start-up serving the arts and culture space. The role will allow the successful candidate to collaborate with and learn from industry leaders, and will receive regular direction from the Director of Search Operations & Community and Vice President of Executive Search (currently being hired).
About the Company
Tom O’Connor Consulting Group, LLC was founded in 2015, and offers strategy, assessment, coaching, and executive search services exclusively to the arts industry. Our focus is on leading structural change with audiences at the center, and our clients represent a full range of artistic genres, budget categories, business models, geographies, and cultural contexts. What unifies them is that they are all mission-driven organizations building community through arts and culture. We share their passion. Our Executive Search offerings originally began focused exclusively in Marketing and Audience-centric roles, and have since expanded to include Leadership, Development, Artistic, Operations, and other related areas.
As for our team, we are a growing startup made up of high-performing, passionate, collaborative, and kind individuals, and seek someone who identifies with these attributes and brings new ideas and perspectives. Our company is fully distributed and remote (with our President Tom O’Connor based in New York City), and prioritizes frequent virtual collaboration for cohesion, shared learning, and comradery. Post-COVID, we intend to gather in-person as a full team at least annually. Importantly, we work very hard and care deeply about what we do, but whether considering potential clients or potential team members, we do not abide rudeness or disrespect. And we mean that. Read more about our company and our team at www.tomocgroup.com.
Duties and Responsibilities
Research for Prospective Candidates (40%)
* Execute research strategies in multiple disciplines/domains simultaneously while aggregating a high volume of data
* Develop lists of target organizations and companies that align with our clients’ objectives, budgets, locations, or other factors as possible sources of prospective candidates
* Enter, update, and retrieve candidate information ensuring accurate, up-to-date information is maintained in our applicant tracking system
* Deliver on immediate research needs while maintaining long-term research projects
Coordination of Search/Interview Logistics (40%)
* Coordinate materials for client meetings including agendas, candidate briefs, applicant materials, etc.
* Prepare screening and assessment criteria for use by internal interviewers
* Update the Active Searches section of the TOCG website in accordance with protocol set forth by the Senior Vice President who directs all owned channels
* Schedule candidate interviews with internal team as well as client representatives when appropriate
Marketing & Business Development (10%)
* Take part in weekly full team meetings to understand company objectives, stay abreast of client and industry trends, and collaborate on the evolution of services
* Provide support in gathering material for periodic newsletters, company social media channels, and company podcast
Personal & Career Advancement (10%)
* Pursue learning opportunities to expand your skills and improve company processes and systems
* Approach challenging tasks that will serve company goals while pushing you out of your comfort zone—and potentially illuminate future career opportunities (hopefully with us!)
* Continually set measurable goals for your own performance, and increase your aptitude with giving and receiving feedback
Qualifications and Requirements
* Kindness, confidence, and a generous spirit
* A commitment to the principles of DEIA and Anti-Racism, and an appetite for continual reflection at the personal, company, and process levels
* Excellent time management abilities while adhering to multiple deadlines, and a desire to work in a remote setting. We are a small, fast-paced company with very high standards of excellence, but one that also respects and encourages work-life balance and appropriate boundary setting with all stakeholders.
* 2+ years of experience in a support function in a professional setting
* Familiarity with and passion for the arts, and a strong desire to pursue a career within the arts and culture industry
* Exceptional written communication and organizational skills required, including proficiency in all major Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), GSuite, and videoconference platforms; Slack, Hubspot, and Dropbox Business also preferred, but not required
* An ability to learn new programs quickly
* Strong sense of curiosity, with an analytical and systematic approach to problem-solving
* High attention to detail absolutely required
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.
We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to arts & culture administration, returning to work after a gap in employment, simply looking to transition, or take the next step in your career path, we will be glad to have you on our radar.
Please use your cover letter to tell us about your interest in the arts & culture space and what you hope to bring to this role.
There is no formal deadline, and we would like for this role to begin as soon as possible.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resumé as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Search Assistant” in the subject line. Please indicate in your cover letter how you learned of this opportunity, your geographic location, any specific timing considerations, and confirmation of your understanding of the published salary range. No phone calls, please. Finalists may be asked to complete a written and verbal communication assignment with compensation for time spent.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com